+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: rEvo III FT RMS & Lithium 9V's

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Re: rEvo III FT RMS & Lithium 9V's

My unit is an early 2012. I have done a battery box replacement. My 9v drains very quickly. 8 hours max. Every dive I get a temp probe lost prompt. Checking the scrubber menu after shows no issues. Later in the dive the temp probe found prompt comes on. Yesterday I had a ?X come on when firing the unit up. Prebreath didnt help. I restarted the Predator a few times. Still nothing. I pulled the cover and set the canister on the CAN bus. Still nothing. I reassembled the unit, shut it down, and jumped on my phone to trouble shoot. About 10 minutes later I fired it back on, it showed green ??, registered a prebreath, so off I went.
    Every dive including this one I loose and regain a temp probe. This is the first time I have had a "disconnect" when setting up.
    BTW. What do the scruuber reset and force ready functions do? Manual say do not use without instructor.

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Sounds like what I experienced recently (still holding my breath). The red X was on the top scrubber. First, we diagnosed one of the scrubber temp probe to be the culprit (swap scrubber, the red X switches position). Replaced the temp probe, which turned out to be fine, according to Jason (he was the one coming up with the diagnostics! .
    Anyway, problems continued with the new canister, so eventually Paul diagnosed bad module (solenoid one, detected by missing exhale temperature in the advanced scrubber temperature screen). Changed that and seemed to fix the problem.
    However, I have had some brief "missing temp probe" events after that. Jason sent me replacement probes for this (which I haven't installed yet), but from what Paul said above (probes work or don't, they are not working intermittently), we are both experiencing a weird Pacific Ocean-specific disturbance. I suspect wireless communications scrambling by the Navy.

Note that I did not miss a dive, but I spent a lot of time typing emails and posts...

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AQUANOMAD  View Original Post
    My unit is an early 2012. I have done a battery box replacement. My 9v drains very quickly. 8 hours max. Every dive I get a temp probe lost prompt. Checking the scrubber menu after shows no issues. Later in the dive the temp probe found prompt comes on. Yesterday I had a ?X come on when firing the unit up. Prebreath didnt help. I restarted the Predator a few times. Still nothing. I pulled the cover and set the canister on the CAN bus. Still nothing. I reassembled the unit, shut it down, and jumped on my phone to trouble shoot. About 10 minutes later I fired it back on, it showed green ??, registered a prebreath, so off I went.
    Every dive including this one I loose and regain a temp probe. This is the first time I have had a "disconnect" when setting up.
    BTW. What do the scruuber reset and force ready functions do? Manual say do not use without instructor.
    I had similar issues, Paul at the factory quickly sorted this out by replacing some parts. No issues since then.

One of my probes did the same as yours. Is it the same probe every time? If yes, try moving it to scrubber cartridge to the other "receiver" (sensor or Solenoid board) and wait about 60 seconds for the system to register it. If the temp-probe is the issue, then the display should switch from ?X to X?.

/Christian

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

my quote 'probes work or don't work' was related to higher battery consumption

it can sometimes be that there is intermittent loss of communication: check that the probe is installed so that the transmitter element is exactly at the outer surface of the nut that holds the probe (it should not be inside the nut)
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member BB1 is an unknown quantity at this point BB1's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT - RMS

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    we have noticed more issues (meaning higher consumption) with the boards produced in the first half of 2012.
    boards that are produced later have a far better record
    Did you do a design change to fix this??

What happens with people who own early 2012 units, are their components replaced if they show signs of problems?

BTW - Thanks for being so accessible on these forums and willing to both help and explain problems without trying to hide them - excellent support!

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by BB1  View Original Post
    Did you do a design change to fix this??

What happens with people who own early 2012 units, are their components replaced if they show signs of problems?

BTW - Thanks for being so accessible on these forums and willing to both help and explain problems without trying to hide them - excellent support!
    we already apply extended warranty for these components from early 2012 units: if they encounter problems, the parts are replaced.

(ofcourse first we ask to do some diagnostics, as there is no reason to just 'replace' everyting )
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    we already apply extended warranty for these components from early 2012 units: if they encounter problems, the parts are replaced.

(ofcourse first we ask to do some diagnostics, as there is no reason to just 'replace' everyting )

Paul
    What are we calling early 2012 ? I "think" mine was about May/June but cannot remember. If I email the factory my details can they tell me which I have or is there an easy way to tell by looking at it ?

Colin

rEvo's daddy
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    Paul
    What are we calling early 2012 ? I "think" mine was about May/June but cannot remember. If I email the factory my details can they tell me which I have or is there an easy way to tell by looking at it ?

Colin
    just send a mail, we can check at the office
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris  View Original Post
    Cheers
    Went the $1.50 Ebay option
    Will let you know how I get on.
    What's the update? Any benefit to the change?

RBW Member Gravitron is an unknown quantity at this point Gravitron's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Inspiration Vision

Smile Re: rEvo III FT RMS & Lithium 9V's

I decided to try out Paul's suggestion. I purchased 2 AW 14500 IMR 3.7V batteries and a battery holder with a 9V clip.

Works a treat! Here are a couple of numbers :

Installed in the rEvo on December 13. Petrel displayed 8.1V.
    27 hours of cave diving up to January 1. Displayed voltage : 7.2V.
    Now (January 26), voltage reads 7.1V.

For the record, I run my rEvo as an eCCR so the solenoid and RMS were active throughout those dive hours. On previous trips, I'd go through at least 2 alkaline 9V batteries.

Phil