+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Override depth limitation with CMF.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.

Quote Originally Posted by madvic  View Original Post
    The mod its intended for the Onboard O2 supply. Its the same as a capped reg but you have attached to the cap an "insulator or equalizing pressure valve". You dive as if the rig has a CMF but you have a needle valve pre-set with the 1bar IP in the reg chamber (so you have about 8bar in the pipes).

If the unlikely event (yes you are right Roland and Dave) of going nuts and perform a deep dive, you just unlock this valve and the reg became compensated again, so you need to adjust at this time the needle valve (better do this first), and after that open the the reg valve. At this point two options:

1-// You complete the dive as if you where flying with comp reg and needle valve or:

2-// You close again the reg valve and you dive with another needle pre-set (In this case CAUTION, when you ascend the reg will have internaly a full load of Bars that will rise like hell the differencial IP from the outside and your plumbings, like Marc T woow 16.5bars!!!) In this case the solution is to open again the valve at 40mts (or whatever) and have another preset for your needle valve at this depth.

BUT if you dive 99.9999% without trespasing the deep limits, its okay with this mod; You will never touch the reg valve and so you will dive the same as if you dive with a CMF.

Its like to have a CMF reg that could override the depth limitations when you want. And If you don´t want it will be exactly the same as CMF (and of course an inherent benefit is that you could play with the needle valve with the capped reg; increase of metabolic rate, currents, or whatever...).

this way you have a "variable like CMF", with the possibility to trespass the depth limit.
    And by the way its a very cheap mod...!!!!
    :)
    misunderstood my question; how do you reach the valve if it is behind you?

Tinkerer madvic is an unknown quantity at this point madvic's Avatar
    bp240 mod

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    misunderstood my question; how do you reach the valve if it is behind you?
    With the hand... ;)

Several options, valve stick right into the reg, if you side-dive (with a lock protection of course), or using one "MAV" thing connected to the reg cap (only if the tubes are incompressible). Best first option.

But its a very good point if its back mounted... If the tubes are compressible (that of course it will happen, we have a Non perfectly capped reg)... So no idea... the only thing is that you reach it, or extend it with metallic piping to a place more easy to reach...any suggestions..?

Anyway I see in your avatar that your rig has the cylinders mounted upside down "if there are 4lts cyls"you could access to the reg (not comfortable but you will touch this only just 3 times in your dive). If you dive with cylinders smaller than that you couldn't.
    Last edited by madvic; 24th September 2013 at 12:13.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.

With the hand... ;)

Several options, valve stick right into the reg, if you side-dive (with a lock protection of course), or using one "MAV" thing connected to the reg cap (only if the tubes are incompressible). Best first option.

But its a very good point if its back mounted... If the tubes are compressible (that of course it will happen, we have a Non perfectly capped reg)... So no idea... the only thing is that you reach it, or extend it with metallic piping to a place more easy to reach...any suggestions..?

Anyway I see in your avatar that your rig has the cylinders mounted upside down "if there are 4lts cyls"you could access to the reg (not comfortable but you will touch this only just 3 times in your dive). If you dive with cylinders smaller than that you couldn't.
    Well with my rig (3l cylinders) I could do it probably yess, but most have inverted cylinders.
    But even with mine would not be that easy.
    I think it would be better to have such capped regulator remote connected with normal first stage...... think a bit....you will understand.....

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

bp240 mod

I think it would be better to have such capped regulator remote connected with normal first stage...... think a bit....you will understand.....
    Yeeeees a very good and neat idea!!! so with this you will have two presets if I understand you. you will dive in two modes either a fixed low IP or fixed High IP. so only two presets for the needle valve.... Very very good idea indeed...!!!

But we have the same problem as you suggested, how manipulate the valve that isolates the diluent IP and goes to the O2 reg chamber...

The good point of your idea is that no matters the deep when you open the isolator valve it always pressurize the "compensating chamber" at a fixed IP.
    Good point, green for you...!!!

TR300c (mCCR)

Yeeeees a very good and neat idea!!! so with this you will have two presets if I understand you. you will dive in two modes either a fixed low IP or fixed High IP. so only two presets for the needle valve.... Very very good idea indeed...!!!

But we have the same problem as you suggested, how manipulate the valve that isolates the diluent IP and goes to the O2 reg chamber...

The good point of your idea is that no matters the deep when you open the isolator valve it always pressurize the "compensating chamber" at a fixed IP.
    Good point, green for you...!!!
    Can you describe what you understood? A bit better as I dont follow you that well.... I think my Idea was a bit different from what you understood but mabe not...
    Last edited by Igor P; 24th September 2013 at 18:53.

RBW Member stoneyfrog is an unknown quantity at this point stoneyfrog's Avatar
    kiss sport/classic, home build

dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Marc T  View Original Post

I use IP 16.5 for more than 8 years with not a problem

regards

Marc
    this is in the range that the dolphin 1st stage works at, so for me the 1st stage is not the problem more hoses and fitting but even that can be got round with some thought ( i use push ons )

bp240 mod

Red face Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.

Can you describe what you understood? A bit better as I dont follow you that well.... I think my Idea was a bit different from what you understood but mabe not...
    Hi
    Sorry for the late reply!
    I attach one schema of what I understood from your post.

Still need to solve two things with this configuration:

1-// that the hose connecting the both regs need to be uncompressible (so steel piping needed, no big deal)

2-// When you open the insulator, you change the O2 IP from low to high. good in depths but bad when we surface. No clue how to diminish the pressure of the equalization chamber (of the O2 reg)when the isolator valve is open. (you could go to low--> high but once in high it stays in high)

Is this idea or I´m wrong..?
    Attached Images

TR300c (mCCR)

No sorry it is not that idea.
    Small first stage with your isolator valve supplyed from your normal O2 supply compensating first stage.

Igor P

Last edited by Igor P; 27th September 2013 at 13:35.

bp240 mod

[QUOTE=Igor P;440134]No sorry it is not that idea.
    Small first stage with your isolator valve supplyed from your normal O2 supply compensating first stage.
    /QUOTE]

Okay, and how it will work. I mean with this setup how we override the depth limitation?
    (And by the way, I need to build my rebreather on a very tight budget, not much incoming from my work hehehehe...)

TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.

[QUOTE=madvic;440135]
    No sorry it is not that idea.
    /QUOTE]

Okay, and how it will work. I mean with this setup how we override the depth limitation?
    (And by the way, I need to build my rebreather on a very tight budget, not much incoming from my work hehehehe...)
    Like your first idea just feeding the small first stage from your primary O2.
    But there probably would be a hp hose problem....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5