+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SI TECH ANTARES - Dry Glove system

New Member Peter Bomberg is an unknown quantity at this point Peter Bomberg's Avatar

SI TECH ANTARES - Dry Glove system

Ok I have to admit confusion I got the gloves and while I have not dove them yet they seem great.

However the maintenance instructions say to take off the glove from the glove ring when not in use, while it is a quick procedure my question is do you guys do this or leave the gloves dive ready (ie on the rings), also I have seen some people that leave the gloves on the dry suit and others that take them off before removing the suit what do you guys recommend?

Peter

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: SI TECH ANTARES - Dry Glove system

I detach the gloves from the suit. A good way to avoid breakage during transport is to have the gloves attached to the suit. Keeping the gloves in a bag, there is always a possibility that you will snap one of the clips off.

I have the gloves ready to dive at all times. I see little point of disassembling the glove/ring completely. It defeats the purpose some what to do so imho.

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Are you guys able to remove the gloves as advertised after the dive - i.e., make a fist and rotate, and the glove simply pops off easily? I have had a hell of a time getting the gloves off and have needed another set of hands to help pry them off (and this is with the o-rings lubed, etc.).

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    Are you guys able to remove the gloves as advertised after the dive - i.e., make a fist and rotate, and the glove simply pops off easily? I have had a hell of a time getting the gloves off and have needed another set of hands to help pry them off (and this is with the o-rings lubed, etc.).
    I similar issues with my set when I first started using them. Here are some points that can help you:

- Lubricate the o-rings with included stick.
    - Turn the inner "stiff ring" that holds the silicone seal counter the direction you twist the glove of.
    - Mount the smurf glove closer to the ring with the two "hooks" to minimize excess material.

This is a trail and error operation. When you get it set up right and practice it a bit in your garage it will be a walk in the park to get them of.

Another note to other users!

If you have problems getting the gloves to lock in place with the two hooks, the issue is caused by a mold error in the stiff-ring". Sitech replaced mine and all is good now :)

/Christian

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post

Easy...

Yeah.. right... well... ehh sort of

Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    If you have problems getting the gloves to lock in place with the two hooks, the issue is caused by a mold error in the stiff-ring". Sitech replaced mine and all is good now :)

/Christian
    Do you know when this was changed. I do have an intermittent issue with the hooks.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

I haven't seen this system before and wanted to ask those of you have had some experience with diving it with and without dry gloves your thoughts??

Thanks.

Lance

Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    I haven't seen this system before and wanted to ask those of you have had some experience with diving it with and without dry gloves your thoughts??

Thanks.

Lance
    The oval rings are very streamlined, compared to the standard round ones. It is quite easy to exchange the seal as well, it is a 5 min operation. They can be a bit cumbersome to lock the gloves in place before you get a feel for it. But diving without gloves/wet gloves is not an issue. I have silicone seals and I think they are great. Especially the neck seal. Dont feel suffocated, like I did with latex.

Hey there, this is my very first post in the forum. I reward it already quite some time, but I'm not a rebreather diver (just interested in the technology).

I dive the Antares now for roughly 6 months. Never had any issues with the sealing. It is very streamlined with and without gloves.
    The silicon seals are a real treat.
    But removing the gloves after dive is a mess.
    In dry conditions they pop easily off - just like in the video, but after the dive I need my buddy to support.
    I tried with different lubricants and already checked with Waterproof.
    There is no obvious reason for this.
    Did anybody experience something similar ?

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

I have tried both Antares and Viking, and not been happy with any of those. (although I have friends who swear by Viking, and would never go back to wet gloves.

Right now I have a pair of gloves with arm-seals, but have not tried them in the water yet.

However, I had an idea about how to get the best of both worlds:

Why not put one of the inner rings from a ringsystem inside a glove with arm-seals. That way it could be a lot easier to put on.

I will try it in a few weeks.

First I have to go to Bali and earn my rEvo Mod3 certification