+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Butt-Plates

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Question Butt-Plates

Hi Guys I Dive the Armadillo A2 in OC & with the RBbut i've just put a Harness back on my Backplate for RB Diving only, now the Dillo is a nice long setup so the Butt-Plate sits low on this little shortass but Backplates sit much higher up our backs so i was wondering has anyone used the Diverite "Tech Buttplate" & how do you find this shorter Plate?
    Or
    Would one be better off using a STD longer Butt-Plate?
    Any advice from people who have used the Tech or both Plates, ta.

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Re: Butt-Plates

Rick
    I use the Armadillo buttplate when side mounting and have the DR plate on the Rebreather, I find it absolutely ideal, the handles sit just below the unit and in the perfect location, the Armadillo is a little long for me on the CCR.

Cheers
    Chriso

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Thumbs up Re: Butt-Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Chris  View Original Post
    Rick
    I use the Armadillo buttplate when side mounting and have the DR plate on the Rebreather, I find it absolutely ideal, the handles sit just below the unit and in the perfect location, the Armadillo is a little long for me on the CCR.
    Cheers Chriso
    Mate your taller than i am yet i don't find the A2's length a prob, you winger ;)
    Would luv to come over your way, might have to visit.
    Better make it happen in 2014 hey.
    Oh & thanks for you input Chris

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Rick
    Just let me know the dates and we will tee up the big 4 for you

Sanko Harvest
    Ex HMAS Perth
    Ex HMAS Swan
    Key Biscayne

Cheers
    Chriso

RBW Member Nemo1957 is an unknown quantity at this point Nemo1957's Avatar
    Optima

I use the DR Tech plate on my unit I am 5'10" good placement and I am not sitting on it when gearing up on a boat.

Classic KISS

Thumbs up Re: Butt-Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo1957  View Original Post
    I use the DR Tech plate on my unit I am 5'10" good placement and I am not sitting on it when gearing up on a boat.
    That was my concern it sits up the back making it a littler harder to Mount or Dismount the rear of the tank but i'm 10cm shorter than you so less of a problem for me & by the sounds of it the more i think about it i'm over thinking it, all it may do having the rails slightly higher up is it'll move the tank FWD's a fraction.
    I just didn't want the Valve/Reg under my armpit but rather behind my shoulder.
    I should see if i can borrow one to try it out to see tank placement.
    Thanks for your comment & make me think more about it

RBW Member drtommi is an unknown quantity at this point drtommi's Avatar
    KISS classic

Homebuilt

Butt-Plates

I made my own short narrow one after I was shown the original prototypes for the armadillo and being told how simple they are to make. I think it's five webbing widths stitched together and about four long, square with 45deg corners and drawer handles from the hardware store. My butt is pretty narrow and it works very well on me to get my bottles nicely in horizontal trim.

+ Reply to Thread