NT1 pscr/dcccr

Satori mCCR (sold)

Modified Satori

Hello folks

just wanted to post some pics of my satori "evo"

what has been changed/modified is the following:

1- original bov for golem 2
    2- original closure system for removable system
    3- exhaust valve hand made rubber seal was changed for an original apeks patch
    4- collectors all over the machine where originally glued with silicone which have been modified to carry proper orings
    5- original aluminum switch-block with seaquest style quick connects have been changed for a chromed brass Omniswivel block with highland shut-off valves and Swagelok QC6 connections
    6- the rebreather head has been drilled to fit a single cell Draeger p-port
    7- the top of the scrubber canister has been drilled to fit the draeger p-port
    8- the draeger style single cell housing has been modified to have an oring that seals with the scrubber canister inside the rebreather

extras:

-stainless steel frame
    -8.5 eurocylinder tanks with flat bottom
    -double manifolded valves connected with HP hose
    -custom made single cell reader

check link for pics: 2013-08-12_1913 - Daniel_Magento's library
    Last edited by dolfin; 12th August 2013 at 19:18.

RBW Member hydrosphere is an unknown quantity at this point hydrosphere's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Satori Pscr

Re: Modified Satori

Thanks for sharing your setup.

So your P-Port goes behind the scrubber ? Is the responsiveness of this placement better than the Tec-me solution ?

The P02 Display looks like the ciruitboard of the jetsam triple in a different housing.

I was planning on changing the PVC Tubes for Carbon fibre, at least for the bellow part.

Could you post pictures of your switchblock configuration ?

RBW Member Theothoni is an unknown quantity at this point Theothoni's Avatar
    Modified Satori PSCR

Nice job. Where did you buy this stainless steel frame?

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

RBW Member Theothoni is an unknown quantity at this point Theothoni's Avatar
    Modified Satori PSCR

6- the rebreather head has been drilled to fit a single cell Draeger p-port
    7- the top of the scrubber canister has been drilled to fit the draeger p-port
    8- the draeger style single cell housing has been modified to have an oring that seals with the scrubber canister inside the rebreather

I would like to modify my Satori as well.

Do you have some drawings with measurements from the above modifications?

Thanks in advance,
    Theo

RBW Member dolfin is an unknown quantity at this point dolfin's Avatar
    NT1 pscr/dcccr

Satori mCCR (sold)

Hey Guys, sorry for the late reply, I have been busy tuning up the satori a little more.

So for the first question, if the PO2 reading is faste enough, yes, it's fast and very accurate.

Is this a similar board as the jetsam reader, YES it is. In a delrin case with an acrylic window. At the back there is a screw-in coin made out of stainless steel for adjusting the cell reading.

The Frame comes from an Italian producer called UTS, not sure if he still produces these but I am thinking of modifying it a little to get the tanks closer and to have the most similar solution to the new NT2 frame.

Regarding the drilling, I do not have drawings because I went to see my lathe turner and just explained what I needed and he did a great job

The cell I am using is a NRC with molex connection and I am happy with it until now.

About the carbon fiber, in my case it is not necessary because I use flat bottomed 8.5 eurcylinders and the canister does not touch the ground when standing up.

I am still playing a bit with the manifold position and as I said thinking of having the tanks sitting a little more close to each other.

The switch block I have made myself with pieces comming from normal scuba shops and a block from omniswivel with 6 3/8x unf exits. I bought the swagelok connections in brass to see how they do, I have had SS qc6's in the past and they rust a little when diving a lot in sea water.

There are some modifications I have made after posting this post, I have turned the breathing direction around, added some weights on the bov hoses, added a thick bungee into the frame for having a telescopic switch block and not stress the injectors.

some pics:

2013-11-15 18.21.26.jpg

2013-11-15 18.21.44.jpg

2013-11-15 18.22.05.jpg

2013-11-15 18.22.29.jpg

+ Reply to Thread