+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holes in Drysuit (DR905)

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Question Holes in Drysuit (DR905)

Hi Guys & Gals my DiveRite 905 has many holes in the centre of the seams rite in crotch area.

Anyone got an idea on the best type of i guess soft glue to use on this Butyl Rubber Suit?

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Re: Holes in Drysuit (DR905)

Aquasure would be your best bet. Also it has an accelerator named Cotol-240 which shortens cure time from 48 hours to 2 hours and perfect to clean the suit with it before gluing. It has to be mixed 3:1 ratio. Apply at least three layers of glue to the suit and wait at least an hour between each layer. I hope it helped some!
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

When I ordered my suit they added a second layer (butterfly) patch to the crotch area for this reason. I would say repair the area first then get some material, glue in a piece of material there. Unless you have access to a sewing machine to do it right. Or send it in which is really the best way. Not sure how old or if the suits worth all that work. I have used aquaseal on previous suits to repair holes, it worked fine. Not sure if its a product in your area...

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Thumbs up Re: Holes in Drysuit (DR905)

Thanks Guys

RBW Member jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao's Avatar

I sold some seam tape for two Finnish divers last Thursday who were on the way back to Australia.

I always remove the old seam tape by heating... add some contact sement (glue) over the seam and after the glue is dry I attach a new tape with heat and pressing hard. You may do it even without any glue but I use some.

Fixing is much more difficult to do if there is some Aquasure from previous fixings. Aquasure might get hard and brittle over time.

Jukka

+ Reply to Thread