+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seamist video

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Seamist video

Henry, Jeff, Kim, Kurt, Terri and I dove the Seamist today. She sits upright in 236. We had dead-flat seas, a 3 knot current on the surface, but flat calm at the bottom, with about 80 foot of vis. Since we are all warm water pussies, a 62 degree bottom temp had everyone cut their runtimes short, but still a great dive.

from Tony Land on Vimeo.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Re: Seamist video

Great job as per usual, Tony! It's great diving with an expert video man, get to see all the issues your having that day. I am leaking bailout everywhere, (just small amounts, fortunately). so much for a buddy bubble check!

RBW Member Fldvr is an unknown quantity at this point Fldvr's Avatar

I think I'll wait for winter for the water to warm up!
    And Jeff, you must of misinterpreted my signal for "bubbles" during the dive!
    Thankfully you got it when I ripped the offending hose of your tank and beat you with it on deco:D

It was still a great dive regardless of the cold! I'm glad Tony was able to get some footage!

Henry
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Nice video! Always fun to watch you "warm water pussies" getting on some nice wrecks! But 62° & wet isn't too pussified to me!

@Jeff-- what's that SW doing on your top tray?

Also, it looks like a lot of fun reeling in that bag from 200'+ in a 3knt current looked like it took off on a 45° angle.

Whoever was off to Jeff's sides on ascent....nice job on your buoyancy control!

Franco

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    Nice video! Always fun to watch you "warm water pussies" getting on some nice wrecks! But 62° & wet isn't too pussified to me!

Also, it looks like a lot of fun reeling in that bag from 200'+ in a 3knt current looked like it took off on a 45° angle.

Franco

On top of my tray is the Shearwater HUD power/control unit. i put a piece of SS plate over the plexiglass to protect it a bit.

Yea, the bag took off like a shot with no current at depth and 3 kts up top. i did a LOT of reeling. next time in those conditions i am going to hold off shooting until i get a bit shallower and more in to the top current flow. we always like to get a bag up soonest if possible, for the dive boat crew to stay on us during the drift deco.

That was Kim beside me in that shot. she always does a good job. her boyfriend, on the other hand...................

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Very cool video! Great job all!

RBW Member Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post

Franco
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    That was Kim beside me in that shot. she always does a good job. her boyfriend, on the other hand...................
    Thank you both for the compliment

And for the record I was ready to stay the full run time when i came out on the deck and saw everyone preparing bags

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Tony,

Everybody did such a great job bring filmed and your video production is unreal!!!

You should shoot the next James Bond underwater sequence.

Best regards,
    Chett
    Chett. L

RBW Member liztribe is on a distinguished road liztribe is on a distinguished road liztribe's Avatar
    Megalodon

Looks like a really cool wreck! Great video. 2 bailout tanks on a dive to 200+ feet though with penetration?

Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by liztribe  View Original Post
    Looks like a really cool wreck! Great video. 2 bailout tanks on a dive to 200+ feet though with penetration?
    Yea, we over did it a bit. we should just brought one bailout.

+ Reply to Thread