+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: goods stolen from narked at 90

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

goods stolen from narked at 90

Over the last few months we have been targeted by fraudulent orders from a syndicate.
    The banking system cleared lots of the payments and the goods had been shipped to find out 2 months later the banks say it was stolen cards used,
    so they took the money back off us and we have lost the computers.

we have been in contact with a number of anti fraud organizations that are treating this very seriously because they believe the money is going to fund a more serious activity.
    not all the items have serial numbers and we have not identified all the items stolen yet but this is a list of computer that we know for sure are stolen, if you
    have purchased one or have seen them you need contact my self and the police, because they are stolen

Computers and Serial Numbers

• PETREL Serial number: 38045940
    • PETREL Serial number: 32045cb3
    • PETREL Serial number: 3806710c
    • PETREL Serial number: 31045dbe
    • PETREL EXT Serial number: 38045cef

• MB-sub VB50 umbilical touch
    • x3 lifeline radio beacons

as a small company this is crippling us to lose the money the goods and then the banks to give us a fine for there incompetence, we are fighting them at this point and will be taking this up with the banking watchdog.

king regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

That's retarded! I'm so sorry to hear this. How could the bank take the money back from you? If they messed up by allocating the funds that seems like their loss, no?

I hope you find resolution on this.

Garth

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Maybe you could provide the country that these went to?

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Re: goods stolen from narked at 90

Sorry to hear it, John...

I remember a few years back, I got a call from a guy who wanted to buy 5 Hammerheads for Inspo - quite a nice order, in fact...

As we were preparing to bill and ship, he called and asked me if I could also buy here in the States some "Tri-Mode" Cell Phones to include in the order... That got me suspicious, since why would you ask a diving equipment company to supply you with phones?

I Googled his name "Kelvin Smith" and found out that that name is widely used by scam artists who trick legitimate businesses like ours into sending them what they really want (the phones) along with our own merchandise, which probably goes into the bin... The bank just takes the money back (per their 5,000 page "agreement" you sign when you start accepting credit cards), and you are hosed.

I never processed the order, and never heard from him again...

This is one of the things small companies face in the modern era...

Hope you get on with the bank - my instincts tell me they'll call up some arcane fine-print and tell you to take a toss, unfortunately...

Kevin.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    Maybe you could provide the country that these went to?
    +1 to this! Destination?

Sorry to hear, hope the bank works with you instead of against.

RBW Member Seldom Here is an unknown quantity at this point Seldom Here's Avatar
    Discovery MK VI

John,
    Sorry to hear you are being targeted. These rings have no conscience and leave you feeling helpless.

I used to consult online companies (everything from airlines to gambling sites) on how to detect fraudulent orders and tighten up their processes so know exactly the pain you are going through.

Feel free to PM me if you think I can add any value to the advice you are already seeking.

Regards,

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RBW Member killercas is an unknown quantity at this point killercas's Avatar
    Evolution Plus

John I am sorry to hear this, I cannot believe if you did everything right why your company has to pay the price of the banks f**kup. Keep up the fight with the banks I hope you are successful.

The TOOL has spoken deeprapture is an unknown quantity at this point deeprapture's Avatar
    Leaky CC Ray

CK

Damn heathens... Im pretty sure posting here will get you better results than just police action, as I for one, am seriously disturbed by this and will be searching...
    I hope you at least get your gear back!

Also, I love your speedy turnover for shipping, but its similiar to airline security after 911, we must deal with increased security (resulting in inconvienaces) to prevent further incidence, so if you must take a bit longer on orders to verify all is legit, so be it...

Good luck mates

JD
    Last edited by deeprapture; 26th July 2013 at 01:03.

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Wow so sorry hear about this......I will keep an eye out for any computers on Ebay , Craigslist and Kijiji here Canada.... If anything comes up I will surly let you know. I totally understand how fraud effects us, I suffered through identity theft. Took me years to get out from and drains you financially and emotionally.

Keep up the great work, your business important to us!

Rob....

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Yea we got scammed is this rort as well

1X Light Monkey 10-21 HID
    2X Liquivision Lynx.

I hear they have caught three of the bastards, I hope they nail their fing testicles to the wall

Cheers
    Chriso