+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: new co2 monitor is now reality

RBW Member Bubblemaster is an unknown quantity at this point Bubblemaster's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon CE

Draeger dolphin, Inspiration

Re: new co2 monitor is now reality

Quote Originally Posted by NoBubblesNoTroubles  View Original Post
    The Hollis Explorer has a CO2 sensor too.

In the predive check they have different pre-breathe times if you use one as opposed if you did not have one installed (and it will ask you in setup). If you have a CO2 sensor then the pre-breathe is only 1 minute but if you don't then it is 5 minutes.

Towards the end of my first dive on the Explorer, I got a high CO2 level alert. I immediately went to bail out and ascended. I checked the display again several minutes later on the surface (I was off the loop) and the CO2 levels went back down to normal. My instructor, John Conway, told me that it moisture most likely accumulated in the sponge that it sits on which is why it spiked. But since you can't possibly know that underwater, you still have to go to bailout. I replaced the sponge just incase and sure enough, it was the moisture on it that was the problem.

CO2 sensors are a great idea and will probably change the rebreather industry. But right now, I feel they are still in development and have a ways to go.
    I would still do the >5 minute pre-breathe to see that the appropiate pO2 level is maintained. And if there is a CO2 problem then i'd prefer the alarm on land and not after getting into the water with all the gear and maybe end up in a current or face another situation.
    Never trust electronics and software. There is a flaw in everything, if they say it is not then they actually mean they haven't found it yet. And it is only over time that you or someone else will face a problem with it.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    The only Rebreather to have a co2 sensor today in the Sentinel and most will tell you it just doesnt work.
    Ill tell you it does work:)

Saved my ass on my cross over course. I did a 'lazy pack' of the scrubber and didnt taptaptap for long enough.

On the dive I got a red alarm plus a reading on the handset. I bailed out and thumbed the dive. Back on the boat I removed the scrubber and the sorb had settled a good inch.

As long as you calibrate the sensor, regularly change out the sponges and look after it, it will be accurate and reliable. You can remove the scrubber or some sorb and observe the sensor in action on the surface if you want to see how good it is.

Some of them are DOA, just like 02 sensors, but that should be a simple warranty replacement. They are no less reliable than o2 sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    There's obviously a language barrier here, I strongly suggest that you hire someone that can accurately translate all of your data, spec's, test conditions, price, lead times etc. into one document.
    Great work but I question the title.
    very funny jont

I do not think you do questions only on the title ... a few more days and you will have your answers on the marketplace.

you are aggressive, calm down a bit

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    Ill tell you it does work:)

Saved my ass on my cross over course. I did a 'lazy pack' of the scrubber and didnt taptaptap for long enough.

On the dive I got a red alarm plus a reading on the handset. I bailed out and thumbed the dive. Back on the boat I removed the scrubber and the sorb had settled a good inch.

As long as you calibrate the sensor, regularly change out the sponges and look after it, it will be accurate and reliable. You can remove the scrubber or some sorb and observe the sensor in action on the surface if you want to see how good it is.

Some of them are DOA, just like 02 sensors, but that should be a simple warranty replacement. They are no less reliable than o2 sensors.
    +1

John H Hanzl johnnyh is an unknown quantity at this point johnnyh's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

Sentinel Expedition Travel

It's been some time since there's been a post on this thread. I'd be interested to hear if there's any update on this project...

Also - for the Sentinel - I like having the CO2 sensor if for nothing else that during the prebreathe. As you're sitting there, watching the temp graph of the temp stick, you also see the CO2 % reading from this sensor. At this point the sensor sponge should be at its driest and you can see (or not - in the case of a lousy pack, sorb shifting during transport, or not canister installed at all) the interaction between CO2 % increase, temp increase, then CO2 % decrease as the reaction between sorb, H2O and CO2 stabilizes...

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: new co2 monitor is now reality

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyh  View Original Post
    It's been some time since there's been a post on this thread. I'd be interested to hear if there's any update on this project...

Also - for the Sentinel - I like having the CO2 sensor if for nothing else that during the prebreathe. As you're sitting there, watching the temp graph of the temp stick, you also see the CO2 % reading from this sensor. At this point the sensor sponge should be at its driest and you can see (or not - in the case of a lousy pack, sorb shifting during transport, or not canister installed at all) the interaction between CO2 % increase, temp increase, then CO2 % decrease as the reaction between sorb, H2O and CO2 stabilizes...
    Hi Johnnyh,

There is a website where it can be purcased. Let me find it and I will post the link.

Here it is:
    http://www.notco2.com

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Igor P; 27th January 2014 at 17:53.

RBW Member MFi is an unknown quantity at this point MFi's Avatar

I am diving a Submatix Quantum and planning to add a CO2-monitoring kit. Does anybody have experience w/ notco2 or De-OX CO2 monitoring kit. The information in the internet is very poor to my opinion. My concerns are stability against humidity and high consumption of electrical power.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: new co2 monitor is now reality

Quote Originally Posted by MFi  View Original Post
    I am diving a Submatix Quantum and planning to add a CO2-monitoring kit. Does anybody have experience w/ notco2 or De-OX CO2 monitoring kit. The information in the internet is very poor to my opinion. My concerns are stability against humidity and high consumption of electrical power.
    Based on information from notco2 sensor readings is not affected with humidity. Data about sensor is in technical specifications on notco2 site.

Don't know more.

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10