+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: new co2 monitor is now reality

new co2 monitor is now reality

hi all

Attached Images
    Last edited by foxlox; 21st July 2013 at 06:37.

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Re: new co2 monitor is now reality

umm who are you? priv? representing a company?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by s115  View Original Post
    not that important

it's easy to make a display, many of us do this daily

making a CO2 measuring device for use in rebreathers, and testing to show it works correctly, in all conditions during diving, is something completely different
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

So do you have the monitor only? Or is it a complete circuite including the CO2 sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by s115  View Original Post
    Hi!

I am an informatic engineer, and I represent a company.

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    not that important

it's easy to make a display, many of us do this daily

making a CO2 measuring device for use in rebreathers, and testing to show it works correctly, in all conditions during diving, is something completely different
    my system was tested by me and my buddy for all winter and in many diving. Last test was done by Gabriele Paparo (Italian instructor) at 70mt, and it is in continuous testing.

it is not a simple display it's too simple to make a display with 2-3 infoes

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    So do you have the monitor only? Or is it a complete circuite including the CO2 sensor?
    hi com1,

is a complete system studied for inspo, but the sensor enclosure is available for all kind of rebreather, done just last week for meg.

- NDIR sensor hco2 premier high performance
    - 0-100% of the gas
    - Sensor guaranteed 5 years (real life five years!)
    - Is not affected by humidity (only 0.5% in positive)
    - Hardware built by me
    - enclosure of sensor for all kind of rebs
    - wrist console with tft display
    - battery upto 500 minutes
    - patent pending (some days yet)

RBW Member michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxlox  View Original Post
    hi com1,

is a complete system studied for inspo, but the sensor enclosure is available for all kind of rebreather, done just last week for meg.

- NDIR sensor hco2 premier high performance
    - 0-100% of the gas
    - Sensor guaranteed 5 years (real life five years!)
    - Is not affected by humidity (only 0.5% in positive)
    - Hardware built by me
    - enclosure of sensor for all kind of rebs
    - wrist console with tft display
    - battery upto 500 minutes
    - patent pending (some days yet)
    sorry , making a sensor to work on all rebreathers , to many variables , a manufacturer will put in a lot of time and money to perfect a sensor for a particular unit ,if the enclosure is out side the loop , then it is attatched to a lung , to many lung varients to make it efective, trapped gas not good flow, etc , , is it to attatch to a t piece , not all rbs have t pieces ,internal placement , space is restricted for most units , mouth piece , new mouth piece required then , its position in the loop is extremley important , the flow of the gas over the sensor , ,not affected by condensation , i am, i think aware of all the ndir sensors available , have many of them here ,they all read 99%non condensing humidity , not something you find in a rebreather im not sure if any are unafected by condensing humidity , which make do you use ?
    is it pre scrubber or post , if it is post scrubber how are you testing it , no scrubber , half scrubber , used srubber , doing live diving with a healthy unit will not give alarms doing live testing with partially used scrubbers ,,,,risky ,,, ,does your hanset have a depth sensor , this is needed for depth calculations , a little more info and detail would be nice ,what exactly are you patenting , there are several units out there using the best ndir sensors , if it is a patent for a universal sensor to fit all units, make sure it works on all units, liability on that front would be huge , of course if you are a genius who has managed to do others have not ill take my hat off to you .but you are not giving much info .we can only hope you have nailed it.
    cheers
    mike

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by foxlox  View Original Post
    my system was tested by me and my buddy for all winter and in many diving. Last test was done by Gabriele Paparo (Italian instructor) at 70mt, and it is in continuous testing.

it is not a simple display it's too simple to make a display with 2-3 infoes
    what was the reference sensor you tested your sensor system against...?

what is the accuracy of the displayed PPCO2 (if any) in a temperture range from 4°C to 34°C, and varying depth from suface to...XX depth?

any idea about the hysteris of the PPCO2 shown....?
    Last edited by paulraymaekers; 22nd July 2013 at 12:39.
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

a single reply to michael and paulray

You have never had a co2 sensor in your rebreather, it is clear from your feedback. The sensor must be direct after the scrubber, on the inspiration corrugated or T-piece (as my system is)

depth is not relevant with co2. The human body tolerates from 0.00% to 1.00% CO2, after this value follows death.

as all other gases, the carbon dioxide follows the Dalton's law.
    I can detect 1.00% (because my scrubber is near over his life or is badpacked et similia) at 50m deep and decide to go back to 20mt to reduce the concentration, according to Dalton's law. (...follow)

in OC (if gas pushed in tanks is good) we detect 0.039% at 1atm then we'll find 0,234% at 50m (6bar): with rebreather we'll have (with good scrubber) ALWAYS 0.00% because the scrubber cleans the 100% of co2 (all depths) !!!

...back to my example, if I have 1.00% at 50m I could decide to came back at 20m and I'll have about 0.5% (or 30m with 0.6% or 40m with 0.83) of co2 in the loop.

We'll see on my site where you'll buy my system

co2 system is only a well-done gas analyzer in a loop.

greets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast