+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stainless Steel Braided LP Hoses

New Member John J. Jones, IV is an unknown quantity at this point John J. Jones, IV's Avatar

Stainless Steel Braided LP Hoses

Hi Guys:

I am interested to know if anyone knows of a source for SS braided LP hoses. I was thinking of replacing the stock rubber hoses from the 1st stage, to the ADV on the Dolphin... Why? Because it looks cool! I have read somewhere that these may abraid the lungs, but I suppose that's a function of how they are routed...

Thanks!

John

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Re: Stainless Steel Braided LP Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by John J. Jones, IV
    Hi Guys:

I am interested to know if anyone knows of a source for SS braided LP hoses. I was thinking of replacing the stock rubber hoses from the 1st stage, to the ADV on the Dolphin... Why? Because it looks cool! I have read somewhere that these may abraid the lungs, but I suppose that's a function of how they are routed...

Thanks!

John
    Having had them as stock on my Classic KISS I've got to say, don't bother. They are too inflexible making routing a pain. If someone had them damage their lungs, then really not worth it. Especially if it's just for visual impact.

Emoticonoclast dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onetime
    Having had them as stock on my Classic KISS I've got to say, don't bother. They are too inflexible making routing a pain.
    I've heard this plenty, but I love the stainless steel lines for the O2.
    I didn't appreciate it at first, to be sure, but now I do.
    (I'm changing the dil side, tho: not a fan..)

I like the rigidity. It's where it is and nowhere else reliably.
    Low/no viz? No hunting. It's just there, and very streamlined
    (doesn't hang down).

My $0.02.

--dan

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Hi Guys:

Thanks!

John
    There is a place in New Jersey USA email me and I will find the info for you (not sure if they ship internationaly and you will have to order by phone)

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Hi Guys:

Thanks!

John
    Try www.swagelok.com

I have no problem with the steel-clad hoses for the O2 either, dil sid I'm less sure of, but less likely to have unseen damage inside Kiss counterlung case than standard LP hoses.

Neil

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Hi Guys:

I am interested to know if anyone knows of a source for SS braided LP hoses. I was thinking of replacing the stock rubber hoses from the 1st stage, to the ADV on the Dolphin... Why? Because it looks cool!
    Briefly, there have been instances where the braid has been damaged over time and sharp wire has punctured critical parts.
    Dont bother. Use plastic braid, available in any colour if you feel the need to bling.

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

New Member John J. Jones, IV is an unknown quantity at this point John J. Jones, IV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld
    Briefly, there have been instances where the braid has been damaged over time and sharp wire has punctured critical parts.
    Dont bother. Use plastic braid, available in any colour if you feel the need to bling.

Brent
    Thanks to all for the input. Seems like a mixed review, seems like the best thing to do at this point, is to save the $'s and use it for an entire SCR to CCR upgrade. The "bling" comment put it into perspective for me!

Best regards,

John

+ Reply to Thread