+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When to FFM?

New Member Peter Bomberg is an unknown quantity at this point Peter Bomberg's Avatar

Re: When to FFM?

Thanks SJK that was a very interesting presentation and based on Lance's and others advice I will delay the FFM. I say delay as the comms aspect in the long run for myself outweighs the complexity aspect.

But I am taking the approach as suggested by "cramerdn" that since I know I am getting FFM to be used with comms I will be getting the non bite piece version and in the interim I will just use the Golem Shrimp BOV.

Peter

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

FWIW Peter, I used an AGA mask for years with oral nasal cup and no bite piece, and I never had any CO2 issue with it. If the cup is a good fit, the space is so small that it adds very little proportionally to the dead space already in the loop. Each breath can effectively flush the small space of the cup, depending on the type of mask and gas flow path.

Just my opinion.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    FWIW Peter, I used an AGA mask for years with oral nasal cup and no bite piece, and I never had any CO2 issue with it. If the cup is a good fit, the space is so small that it adds very little proportionally to the dead space already in the loop. Each breath can effectively flush the small space of the cup, depending on the type of mask and gas flow path.

Just my opinion.
    Just to be clear, there is no dead-space in the loop, except what is between the DSV-flappervalves, mouth, throat, and bitepiece.

Non crushable space in the loop is not respiratory deadspace, if it is swept unidirectionally.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Hanssing  View Original Post
    Just to be clear, there is no dead-space in the loop, except what is between the DSV-flappervalves, mouth, throat, and bitepiece.

Non crushable space in the loop is not respiratory deadspace, if it is swept unidirectionally.
    I have to disagree. Your lungs become part of the loop. There is dead space in your lungs. Ergo, there is dead space in the loop. Maybe we just define dead space differently.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2