+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Mk VI fatality-Canada

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Re: Mk VI fatality-Canada

I have dove that wreck and there is usually a high current. Very possible to over breathe your scrubber. I was using a HH classic at the time, not sure how well the Mark VI and HH compare in scrubber effectiveness under heavy workload. I had no problems fortunately. I regret hearing about this fatality.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by psmedo  View Original Post
    Chris;

Considering all the options available, maybe a better idea than questioning what an "Accepted Answer" means or could be, would be to mark this questions as "Abandoned Questions" thus prevent them from counting against the answered question pile we have on this subject so far, (?) and without having to actually accept something "possibly wrong" but unharmful as practical hypoteses versus the long-gone hit-and-run endless doubts and non sense "medical cause" or "pilot error" without evidence support as well don´t you think ?

Rgds
    True, I tend to agree.

I think theres value in understanding where the narcd conclusion came from and the muscular twitching, dont you?

RBW Member Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point Ayisha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    True, I tend to agree.

I think theres value in understanding where the narcd conclusion came from and the muscular twitching, dont you?
    Hello. We will likely never know what the specific symptoms were since the victim did not live to tell about it. He signalled that he was narced, a signal that he and his buddy were familiar with. There was no indication from the victim about exactly what symptoms he was experiencing.

The victim did not deploy his bailout, as was indicated in the preliminary report.

Recommendations are suggestions to reduce risk factors, not conclusions. Everything in an incident chain of events is taken into consideration, not only the actual cause of death.

This is not an invitation to ask more questions or elicit criticism. I may or may not post further.

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayisha  View Original Post
    Hello. We will likely never know what the specific symptoms were since the victim did not live to tell about it. He signalled that he was narced, a signal that he and his buddy were familiar with. There was no indication from the victim about exactly what symptoms he was experiencing.

The victim did not deploy his bailout, as was indicated in the preliminary report.

Recommendations are suggestions to reduce risk factors, not conclusions. Everything in an incident chain of events is taken into consideration, not only the actual cause of death.

This is not an invitation to ask more questions or elicit criticism. I may or may not post further.
    Wow....spoken like a true OUC member! Swollen head too... Almost like you took the police report and just added some recommendation...what investigation did you do??? Witness account and draw a conclusion..Sorry but you guys think your all that high and mighty so do us a favour stay in your own forum..ya ya i see you guys all the time...waiting for an accident so you can be the first to post about it......do you even dive a rebreather?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayisha  View Original Post
    I may or may not post further.
    Probably best if you don't
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    And people thought the CCR Diving fatalities paper was bad???!!!

This one concludes C02 and even makes recommendations without giving any information on any investigation and how those conclusions were reached.

Some thing are odd about this accident:

- What is the signal for 'narced' and was it a buddy signal used within the victims group?

- How often do divers abort a dive because they feel narced?

- The diver didnt bail to OC but aborted the dive and went up the line?
    My 2 cents

-I have a 'im feeling weird' signal
    -Ive aborted dives and witnessed many others aborting due to CO2/Narcosis issues (often indistinguishable)
    -Its my experience that divers suffering from CO2 or Narcosis are highly resistant to bail to OC.

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    My 2 cents

-I have a 'im feeling weird' signal
    -Ive aborted dives and witnessed many others aborting due to CO2/Narcosis issues (often indistinguishable)
    -Its my experience that divers suffering from CO2 or Narcosis are highly resistant to bail to OC.

thought you RETIRED .......

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    There was a death in my area this weekend involving a Mk VI rebreather.
    The simple outline of the accident is here.

http://www.underwatercouncil.com/dow...nt_reports.pdf

Be Carefull out there.

Cam
    Hi Cameron

Thank for informations it's very sad personaly i have Poseidon equipments it's very serious manufacturer (and i does not say it because i have possibilities discounts as Professional ) moreover i envisage even can be to buy a rebreather waiting their new model
    In majority for the accidents in rebreathers the responsable are users .

Franck
    Last edited by Franck13; 23rd July 2013 at 20:54.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Franck13  View Original Post
    Hi Cameron

Thank for informations it's very sad personaly i have Poseidon equipments it's very serious manufacturer (and i does not say it because i have possibilities discounts as Professional ) moreover i envisage even can be to buy a rebreather waiting their new model
    In majority for the accidents in rebreathers the responsable are users .

Franck

I have developed a totaly safe car.

So safe a child can drive it.

OK I have sold only 300 and 7 chldren are dead so far but i asure you in every case it was totaly the childs fault.

THATS my problem with the Mk VI

ATB

Mark

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    I have developed a totaly safe car.

So safe a child can drive it.

OK I have sold only 300 and 7 chldren are dead so far but i asure you in every case it was totaly the childs fault.

THATS my problem with the Mk VI

ATB

Mark
    Spot on.... We need a "Like" button!

Richie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast