+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting photography

RBW Member Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver's Avatar

Re: Starting photography

As Jeppe has shown, close is good; nice pics.

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblemaster  View Original Post
    Hello,

i am planning on starting with photography using the CCR and can buy a second hand Canon 400d with ikelite housing and macro ports and wonder if that is a good idea or that I should start differently.

If anyone has any advice please let me know.
    Hi

Personnely i have a Gopro for take beautiful wrecks or bigs fishes in photography (big mérou,sharks,dolphins,rays,sirens on the beach etc...)the quality is very good before i had a Sony with nimar .
    the d400 is a very good but so expensive for me .

Franck

RBW Member Craig70mtr is an unknown quantity at this point Craig70mtr's Avatar
    Posiedon Mk VI

I have a dslr in ikelite with a couple of sea and sea strobes.We shore dive 90% of the time and cope fine.Your option lets you do so much more with your photo's.Don't expect great results up front,don't be put off.Check a website Underwater Photography Guide,independent contributors,simple language,and great tips.

RBW Member mk6discoveryuser is an unknown quantity at this point mk6discoveryuser's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery MKVI

I've been successfully using a DSLR in an Ikelite housing on several trips for over 2 years now. mostly on open circuit, but for some CCR dives in lakes/drysuit as well.

DSLRs are bulky and heavy, but easy to handle underwater after some experience. it adds to your drag and AMV, especially in current. you should have a tested plan where to put what and practise separately before diving bailout bottle(s) and a fully mounted DSLR for the first time!

I decided to start with an ikelite housing because there was no alternative for the same money. there are better but much more expensive housings in terms of material/weight, attachment and workmanship. control is fine, I always mount 2 strobes and one or two video lights, the arms can be folded nicely and the whole package is passed down/up a latter without too much effort (~10kg).

what gives me some hassle each time is assembling the housing with my dome port. the 'manual' really lacks extensive instructions there... more and bigger gear means increased maintenance of course. and finally flight travelling can get really tantalizing with all that stuff.

greetz.

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Flooded 2 Ike housings when I first got into underwater photography, one D80 and a Video camera thankfully cheapish cameras in both and managed to save the lens, they just crack so easily.

Shooting High-end DSLR now Nikon D800 and D7000 I have moved over to the Nauticam housings, they are fantastic, built and though out extremely well. Best bit is the sensitivity and positioning of all the controls and buttons Nauticam has excelled at making them so good it's like you are just pressing buttons direct on the camera.

The cost of is not in the housing itself but when you scratch up the $2000 glass dome ports

Some photos from last week in Bali

Cheers
    Chriso
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris; 22nd August 2013 at 10:41.

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Talking Re: Starting photography

Quote Originally Posted by Craig70mtr  View Original Post
    I have a dslr in ikelite with a couple of sea and sea strobes.We shore dive 90% of the time and cope fine.Your option lets you do so much more with your photo's.Don't expect great results up front,don't be put off.Check a website Underwater Photography Guide,independent contributors,simple language,and great tips.
    Hi Graig

as hubble etc....i pleasant

Franck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2