+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bikini Atoll 2013, video

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Re: Bikini Atoll 2013, video

Please excuse the crude attempt at video editing. Here are two segments that I put together. One on the penetration on the Saratoga, the other was the planes of the Saratoga.

Let me know if you cant see it as I put some music on it. So some countries will stop this from showing.

Bikini 2013 L4R 1 - YouTube
    ">
    Bikini 2013 L4R 1 - YouTube
    " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Bikini 2013 Planes 640x360 - YouTube
    ">
    Bikini 2013 Planes 640x360 - YouTube
    " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Cant wait for next year. But will be back at what I know - Stills!!!!

Pete

Nils Möllerström nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by petemes  View Original Post

Cant wait for next year. But will be back at what I know - Stills!!!!

Pete
    Not crude Pete, you know more than stills, obviously

Thanks again for a perfectly rusty trip. And BTW, we never paid anything for overweight on the way home...

/nils

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Great stuff Pete!!

Good to see a few glimpses of the Silver Surfer in there!

Simon

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I want that Mark V!!

Cam

RBW Member DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker's Avatar
    KISS Classic

IDA 64, Dolphin

I was also on trip - had an incredible time - boat/crew/food were excellent.
    Only problem I had was with airlines - UNITED - they LOST my rebreather (eventually got it back - 12 days later) - no reason given - am still trying to recover the damned FEES they charged me for checked baggage.

Had to dive OC - dives were truly a memorable experience. Could not do the amount of penetrations I would have liked, but otherwise fantastic ship wrecks.

By the way --- as much as we would have liked to - if u should try to take the Mk 5 - will result in prison time and a massive fine if caught.

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Thanks heaps for your kind words Steve,

Steve did some digging around and found the background to one of the helmets deep in the Saratoga. This was an exert from Steves research he did finding out that type of helmet this was.

This was part of an email from the Diving History Museum in Florida:

Morse Open-Bottom/shallow water helmet from the early 1930’s. Morse, as you may know, was the primary manufacturer of the Mark V for the US Navy. The Open-Bottom helmets were not attached to a suit, using only weights on the front and back to hold them down on the diver. Some of the earliest models of this style were made by the Miller-Dunn company in 1916. They caught on as both consumer technology for fixing boat props, etc. and later for recreational use. Morse created the helmet you found as they became more popular.

Thanks for this Steve.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2