+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mars 2013 marine archaeological project

RBW Member Ingemar Lundgren is an unknown quantity at this point Ingemar Lundgren's Avatar
    JJ CCR

Mars 2013 marine archaeological project

For daily updates on this project please follow https://www.facebook.com/siteOceanDiscovery

From July 1st - 15th the project will be ongoing with divers from Sweden, Poland, USA, Ireland, Germany and Australia. More then 20 divers are participating diving CCR. High tech equipment such as blue view sonars are being used to survey the ship that sank in 1564. The Mars was at the time the largest warship in the world carrying more then 100 bronze cannons.

A light rig of 4500W LED lights outputting 400.000 lumen will be deployed the coming days to illuminate the wreck that rests at a depth of 75m in the Baltic Sea. Red Epic cameras are used to document the site for an upcoming documentary.

Please like the Facebook site to get daily updates.

Attached Photo by Tomasz Stachura.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Fanch is an unknown quantity at this point Fanch's Avatar

Re: Mars 2013 marine archaeological project

Amazing project, I will be following !

RBW Member txdiver is an unknown quantity at this point txdiver's Avatar
    DIR Meg

I saw a PP presentation during last year's GUE conference in Catalina and: yes all ideologies aside this is an amazing project and hopefully will fill in gaps in documented maritime history.

The Baltic holds so many discoveries ...

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

I was also lucky to see Richard Lundgren PP Presentation in Victoria in May, definitely one of the most interesting project going. Plus it's nice to see the GUE guys are finally diving CCR, I like to find out more about the set up.

Al

+ Reply to Thread