+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Medical grade Sodasorb 4-8

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Medical grade Sodasorb 4-8

A quick one, Paul, have you tested the Grace Sodasorb HP, and what did you find?

I ask because I have used this as it is advertised for rebreather use, but stick to (even though I dive nice warm water) general manufacturers guidelines, ie, I don't push it like I would with sofnolime in 28 plus degrees.
    Dave

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Re: Medical grade Sodasorb 4-8

Just to clarify I was using Grace Sodasorb 4/8 grade REG HP

Just checked the old containers

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: Medical grade Sodasorb 4-8

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    Just to clarify I was using Grace Sodasorb 4/8 grade REG HP

Just checked the old containers
    Ok Rob understood. Dave1w the Grace Sodasorb HP is diving grade sodasorb from Grace.

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Ok Rob understood. Dave1w the Grace Sodasorb HP is diving grade sodasorb from Grace.

Yeah, and I'm happy enough using HP, in my circumstances and not pushing it like you could/would with Sofnolime. I do wonder about the non HP Sodasorb, and Grace don't publish a different data sheet. Also, I think this may be the sorb referenced in the old, old approval from the US Navy.

There is stuff that is just Grace Sodasorb, and I want to know how this differs from the "Lo Flow" medical stuff, and the HP diving stuff.

Dave

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: Medical grade Sodasorb 4-8

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    Yeah, and I'm happy enough using HP, in my circumstances and not pushing it like you could/would with Sofnolime. I do wonder about the non HP Sodasorb, and Grace don't publish a different data sheet. Also, I think this may be the sorb referenced in the old, old approval from the US Navy.

There is stuff that is just Grace Sodasorb, and I want to know how this differs from the "Lo Flow" medical stuff, and the HP diving stuff.

Dave
    Grace supplier statement was Sodasorb is same as Sodasorb HP with les dust particles and same moisture level. The Llow Flow Sodasorb is the sorb with very low moisture part.

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

I find it very unsettling to read just how people will risk their lives for a cheaper alternative...then again, you can always put that saved money towards the costly funeral..Friggin Scary shyt I say.....

Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

I don't think I'm risking my life, I'm trying to find out exactly what some other particular Grace Sodasorb is. As I said, I've dived HP, which is OK, but seen non HP, non Low Flow being sold and want to know more about it. This isn't the same as the med sorb, amsorb stuff I think, but interesting enough may be crazy horse sorb.......

I'm also puzzled why it would be the same as HP, but lower dust. Why would they sell a high dust version specifically?

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: Sorb Test Results <---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    only use the recommended sorb by the manufacturer! paul
    ps: and if you still don't believe it: we tested different sorbs: there is HUGE difference between real rebreather sorb, and medical sorb: in some cases the durations for medical are not even 10% of real rebreather sorb, when tested in cold water, at CE conditions!
    Hi Paul is there or have you a Link to your Test results of the various Brand/Type of Sorbs Tested.
    It would be good to see the test results & help those that were thinking of taken those chances using other Kitty Litter out there, thanks

TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Sorb Test Results <---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rickoz  View Original Post
    hi paul is there or have you a link to your test results of the various brand/type of sorbs tested.
    It would be good to see the test results & help those that were thinking of taken those chances using other kitty litter out there, thanks
    +10 :-d

RBW Member Paua is an unknown quantity at this point Paua's Avatar

I've been using it for several years with no problems. The reason why? Well I can buy it from a medical wholesaler for half the cost of Draegersorb, the only real alternative in New Zealand.

Cheers,

Paua

Oh yeah, I tried it in a pool first and found it stable in water, ie didn't "fizz" only WOB went through the roof if water got in the scrubber!
    Last edited by Paua; 10th August 2013 at 06:49.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast