+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poseidon mkvi BCD

RBW Member bradro is an unknown quantity at this point bradro's Avatar
    Prism 2

Poseidon MK6

Re: Poseidon mkvi BCD

Thank you both Jeppe and Capt Garry.

Your photos and suggestions are a huge help. I'm wreck diving again this morning and I used a bolt snap and large circular ring in lieu of an off set D-ring to the top mount. This will probably be too loose so the bungee method you suggest Garry will be a great help. I also noticed you "modified" the wrist gauntlet for the paddle. Did you glue that bracket onto the paddle? Jeppe have you modified this as well?

We are the only two MKVI divers in our area - so you're help is vital! Hopefully when we dive Iceland this summer we will find some other Poseidon divers.

Brad

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by bradro  View Original Post
    I also noticed you "modified" the wrist gauntlet for the paddle. Did you glue that bracket onto the paddle? Jeppe have you modified this as well?

Brad
    I think Garry has glued the bracket onto the paddle. What I did (since I mostly do dry suit diving), is that I just took a soldering iron and burned 4 holes on the backside of the gauntlet, and have two bungee loops going through the holes.I dont use the "glove" at all. But for wetsuit divers, the glove should be just fine.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

I got offset d-rings, bungee etc all shipped to me from Divegear Express in Florida (along with a ton of other bits and pieces). I use a Transpac Harness and CCR Wing, and with that the inflator lies nicely alongside the outside of the counterlung if you have a bungee loop hanging off one of the shoulder D-rings and feed the inflator through.

RBW Member Footy is an unknown quantity at this point Footy's Avatar

Same here. I got a DR buttplate and the bungees and attached it to my Zeagle SS plate. Works a treat....whenever I can get in the water

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    I think Garry has glued the bracket onto the paddle. What I did (since I mostly do dry suit diving), is that I just took a soldering iron and burned 4 holes on the backside of the gauntlet, and have two bungee loops going through the holes.I dont use the "glove" at all. But for wetsuit divers, the glove should be just fine.
    I used strong velco that is stuck to the paddle. I then glued the velco together. Been using it for 3 years with no problems. The wrist mount I order from Shearwater computer. It is the bungee mount for the Sheerwater Pred.
    Give me a few days for the video and I will explain the complete coldwater setup. The DiveRite wings work well,i use them on all my units.

RBW Member OMFS is an unknown quantity at this point OMFS's Avatar
    Poseidon Mark VI

After using a Trans-Pac and Trans-Plate with my Poseidon CCR I found the Poseidon BCD with the 50 wing works the best. I use 10# of weight placed between the BC back and the CCR with a wet suit and experience excellent trim. I use side D-rings on the shoulder straps and I welded the Poseidon D-rings on the rear area of the waist strap so they are rigid and do not flop back and forth when attempting to attach the bailout/deco cylinders. The side D-rings on the shoulder straps required machining so that standard Poseidon Bolts could be used in the standard grommet holes . I find this BC to be much more comfortable than any 2" wide webbing harness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2