+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poseidon mkvi BCD

RBW Member Guinness1979 is an unknown quantity at this point Guinness1979's Avatar
    Poseidon mk vi

Poseidon mkvi BCD

Has anyone used the poseidon BCD with their unit? I'm having back issues with adding extra belt weight?

Cheers

Rebreather BCD | Poseidon

RBW Member Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt's Avatar
    Poseidon mk6

Re: Poseidon mkvi BCD

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness1979  View Original Post
    Has anyone used the poseidon BCD with their unit? I'm having back issues with adding extra belt weight?

Cheers

Backplate, harness & wing is to go. SS backplate reduces the lead you require, the unit is more stable and you can adjust the counterlung position a lot better.

RBW Member Guinness1979 is an unknown quantity at this point Guinness1979's Avatar
    Poseidon mk vi

Currently using the halcyon eclipse with SS back plate, also changed the Ali cylinders to Faber steel 3L!

RBW Member robway034 is an unknown quantity at this point robway034's Avatar
    Poseidon 7

Drager

I concur.. the BP/WING is an awesome setup for the MKVI. I highly recommend getting one that's set-up for side-mount (Bungee's, etc). I use the DiveRite: Transpac-XT, CCR Wing setup for sidemount with the buttplate & bungee's.

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness1979  View Original Post

Cheers

A piece of crap!

Having dove the MKVI with all possible configurations over the years. I can tell you to stay away from the BCD and go with a BP harness and wing!

If you are interested in how to configure a MKVI with NO weight belt needed, that might be a better question.

I am wondering why you want to use the crap BCD from Poseidon?

Looks good but a real Turd in real life!

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Poseidon mkvi BCD

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.garry  View Original Post
    A piece of crap!

Having dove the MKVI with all possible configurations over the years. I can tell you to stay away from the BCD and go with a BP harness and wing!

If you are interested in how to configure a MKVI with NO weight belt needed, that might be a better question.

I am wondering why you want to use the crap BCD from Poseidon?

Looks good but a real Turd in real life!
    Lol. Maybe for you in a drysuit. I had a customer in Florida that had numerous units. He got some of these in for his recreational diving friends. He was impressed with them. (Wetsuit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    Lol. Maybe for you in a drysuit. I had a customer in Florida that had numerous units. He got some of these in for his recreational diving friends. He was impressed with them. (Wetsuit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Chris good point!

I can not remember the last time I dove in a wetsuit

I guess if you are diving a 3mm shorty or full, i could see MAYBE the BCD working in a pinch

I think the Poseidon BCD might work in the tropics. Honesty do not know and well you know......

RBW Member bradro is an unknown quantity at this point bradro's Avatar
    Prism 2

Poseidon MK6

Hi Capt Garry, Rob et al.

We trained with Add Helium using the Poseidon BC. And we agree with you C. Garry that it's not a good solution for us (cold water - dry suit). We're now trying to configure our BP wing set ups. I have a OMS-rebranded harness, SS back plate and Custom Divers wing. I had a hell of a time hanging the bail out bottle AND being able to find/use the wing inflator hose.

Any suggestions about the best way to configure the bailout? Where to hang gear? etc. Any photos or any help whatsoever would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Brad

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by bradro  View Original Post
    Any suggestions about the best way to configure the bailout? Where to hang gear? etc. Any photos or any help whatsoever would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Brad
    I use an offset d-ring on left chest webbing and a fixed d-ring on the waist webbing. The offsset is placed between the velcro flaps of the CL. Diving with the Standrad CL, I made a small bungee loop that I attached to the mid CL velcro tab and secured the Inflator with.

You can see it on my profile pic.

Quote Originally Posted by bradro  View Original Post
    Hi Capt Garry, Rob et al.

We trained with Add Helium using the Poseidon BC. And we agree with you C. Garry that it's not a good solution for us (cold water - dry suit). We're now trying to configure our BP wing set ups. I have a OMS-rebranded harness, SS back plate and Custom Divers wing. I had a hell of a time hanging the bail out bottle AND being able to find/use the wing inflator hose.

Thanks.

Brad
    Hi Brad,

Jeppe is correct in the way to configure. The bungees you can buy( same used for sidemount). I also add a round ring to the bottom hole in the backplate. With this ring I can clip the bottom snap from your bailout bottle. I then clip the bungee to the off-set d ring and use a choker on the bailout tank valve to hold it all together and clip the top snap into the choker then onto the bungee.
    I am away to Germany in the morning for a week when I get back I will make a small video and post it on how it all goes together
    You will need to get the off-set Drings. You can buy them or have a welding shop make them for you along with the round rings.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast