+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Hammerhead diver

Too ugly to get laid bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic

Talking New Hammerhead diver

Since my instructor is not of the posting kind, i'll do the honors myself:

Hurray for me for passing my ANDI Level 2 Hammerhead course

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

New Hammerhead diver

Congratulation and enjoy your unit. I know I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: New Hammerhead diver

Congrats!

You've been on this forum since 2008 and this is your 1st uint? It that's so would be interested to know what you learned over the last 5 years that took you in the HH direction?
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    Congrats!

You've been on this forum since 2008 and this is your 1st uint? It that's so would be interested to know what you learned over the last 5 years that took you in the HH direction?

Isn't it obvious? He learned not to listen to Don Six.

Peter

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

New Hammerhead diver

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    Isn't it obvious? He learned not to listen to Don Six.

Peter
    Haha! Or maybe he missed 'that' post...

HammerHead ccr IT Marco V is an unknown quantity at this point Marco V's Avatar
    HammerHead, BE ccr prototype

Optima Inspiration Aegir PSCR

Congratulations

Too ugly to get laid bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    Congrats!

Thank you, to all of you :)

My intent was to get a unit several years ago, but quite simply i could never afford it. I prioritized living in Mexico for half the year at a time, and needed to save all i could get my mittens on in order to do so.

After having read about rebreathers for a while, i had pretty much made up my mind to get a rEvo. The reason was that it had BMCL and was manually driven (at least when i started reading about it).
    I had talked to others who dives a Meg and they made a comment about having difficulties clipping on stages, due to the CLs.
    A manually driven unit was touted as the elixir that would sprout hair on ones chest, hence that tempted more than an electronically controlled unit.

I stayed with a rEvo on top of my wish list until the very end. I found a used HH and a used rEvo III. The rEvo was cheaper, but adhering to advice from other rb divers, i finally chose a unit which acquaintances of mine are diving.
    I don't know a single rEvo diver but three HH divers, hence a HH it became.

Now all i need is to wait for DHL to deliver it and the Sofnolime to arrive, then i can start getting wet :)

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Thanks for the reply. It's a very good unit and one that has kept me safe for several hundred hours. Having friends that are diving the same unit, no matter what it is, makes a lot of sense.

Get to know Trish at JM. She makes everything happen!
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Welcome to the Family...!

...now go kiss your new step-brother, Donnie, on the lips...

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by bherman  View Original Post
    Thank you, to all of you :)

My intent was to get a unit several years ago, but quite simply i could never afford it. I prioritized living in Mexico for half the year at a time, and needed to save all i could get my mittens on in order to do so.

After having read about rebreathers for a while, i had pretty much made up my mind to get a rEvo. The reason was that it had BMCL and was manually driven (at least when i started reading about it).
    I had talked to others who dives a Meg and they made a comment about having difficulties clipping on stages, due to the CLs.
    A manually driven unit was touted as the elixir that would sprout hair on ones chest, hence that tempted more than an electronically controlled unit.

I stayed with a rEvo on top of my wish list until the very end. I found a used HH and a used rEvo III. The rEvo was cheaper, but adhering to advice from other Rebreather divers, i finally chose a unit which acquaintances of mine are diving.
    I don't know a single rEvo diver but three HH divers, hence a HH it became.

Now all i need is to wait for DHL to deliver it and the Sofnolime to arrive, then i can start getting wet :)
    I suppose everyone dives their unit differently but instead of clipping stages or bailout to my harness I use the clip to bottom of rail on buttplate and a bungee attached to backplate. The counterlungs do not get in the way at all. Actually the tanks don't get in the way at all either when they are in line with your body and slightly towards your legs. I would at least recommend trying this if you can. Hope all goes well and enjoy.

Have fun diving your new machine!!

Garth