+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Paul Towning (Paul T)

Back on Bubbles - Cherio! Craig69 is an unknown quantity at this point Craig69's Avatar

RIP Paul Towning (Paul T)

Hi Guys,

I post rarely on the forums these days but I need to let you know that we have recently lost a damn good diver. On the 19th May Paul Towning (Paul T on here) got into difficulties whilst diving in Sardinia and unfortunately passed away. As yet the precise details are unknown. Paul was a warm, generous man and a damn good diver who was a great friend of mine both in and out of the water. He will be sadly missed.

Please do not speculate at the moment as details are unknown and the case is in the hands of the UK coroner. I have included the press release from our club.

His funeral will be held on the 24th June, please get in touch if you knew him and wish to attend. I do think I have got hold of all the people who dived with him but I may have missed a few.

Press Release:

The officers and members of Thorne Sub Aqua Club are deeply saddened by the loss of our friend and fellow diver, Paul Towning, who surfaced unconscious from a dive on Sunday 19 May whilst on holiday in Sardinia and was unable to be resuscitated.
    Paul was an enthusiastic member of the club having joined in 2004. He was a highly qualified and experienced diver but first and foremost he is a friend who will be sadly missed by all who knew him.
    The club wishes to extend their sincere condolences to Paulís family at this difficult time.
    No other members of the club were on the trip and the circumstances surrounding the incident are subject to an investigation by the local authorities in Italy and subsequently by the UK Coronerís Office. Consequently no further comment can be made by club members regarding the incident.

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Re: RIP Paul Towning (Paul T)

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Any diver is family so please pass along our condolences to his family.

Rob

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Re: RIP Paul Towning (Paul T)

I only met Paul once, and very briefly. If first impressions count for anything, another good man has been lost.

Someone close to me was very good friends with Paul and is there today.

RIP Paul, it was a pleasure to meet you.

+ Reply to Thread