+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underwater Cave Cartography - Mexico, Bermuda, and the American South

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Underwater Cave Cartography - Mexico, Bermuda, and the American South

I will be giving a 30-40 minute presentation about The exploration and mapping of underwater caves in places like Chichen Itza, Mexico, The island nation of Bermuda, and Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Texas. These caves include ancient Mayan sacrificial burial sites, The deepest underwater cave in the United States, and The three longest underwater caves in the United States outside of Florida. Come see photographs and video of these sites taken by National Geographic contributors Tamara Thomsen and others, and maps created by myself and Christina Richards with the help of teams of other divers. Following the presentation we can talk about surveying dry and wet caves, diving, rebreathers, and the potential for sump diving and exploration in the pacific north west! I will bring a number of paper maps in various stages of completion, and be happy to talk about techniques and processes.

The presentation will be held at the monthly meeting of the Cascade Grotto of the National Speleological Society on Friday the 21st of June, 2013 from 7-9PM at the following location:

Tukwila Community Center, 12424 42nd Ave, South., Tukwila, WA 98168

We hope to see everyone there!

Jason Richards
    NSS 41539

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Re: Underwater Cave Cartography - Mexico, Bermuda, and the American South

This sounds awesome. Any chance you could film it and post online for all of us that would like to attend but cannot?

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Ummmm, I'm not really equipped to do that. I might be able to set up a gopro or something. I will investigate the possibility.

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Gopro. Cell phone. Anything. Doesnt have to be fancy but I definitely think a lot of people would be interested in seeing this.
    Anyone out there going to attend that might be willing to do this?

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by AQUANOMAD  View Original Post
    This sounds awesome. Any chance you could film it and post online for all of us that would like to attend but cannot?
    Yes, that would be very welcome..

+ Reply to Thread