+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Refillable Canister Tecme

RBW Member DurhamDiver is an unknown quantity at this point DurhamDiver's Avatar
    Poseidon MK6 Discovery

Refillable Canister Tecme

Does anyone know why Martin has had to stop selling in Europe, even though it was always previously advertised under the conditions that it
    was "not CE - and for demonstration purposes only" ?

RBW Member mike0396 is an unknown quantity at this point mike0396's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Discovery MKVI

Re: Refillable Canister Tecme

I didn't realise that in the past, Martin had sold in Europe (with or without disclaimer). When did this change?

I had always assumed that selling non-CE and after market products attracted potential legal liability in Europe which the disclaimer didn't get you out of. The logic would then be that selling to customers outside of Europe would not create the same legal liability (questionable in my view).

This will all depend upon the laws of the country concerned, where the contract was made, and what you can argue in court.

Mike

RBW Member fort.diver is an unknown quantity at this point fort.diver's Avatar
    Posiedon Disco. 6

I hope the water we dive in meets all the CE specs!

RBW Member Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery

Unhappy Re: Refillable Canister Tecme

I could also imagine that poseidon-Kiel - a simple distributor for Poseidon, unfortunately responsible for the whole EU-area... - became aware of that, and thought they could loose a little money if Martin continued to sell those beauties... And handed the matter off to some lawyers...

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 60M Tec

Quote Originally Posted by Danyboy  View Original Post
    I could also imagine that poseidon-Kiel - a simple distributor for Poseidon, unfortunately responsible for the whole EU-area... - became aware of that, and thought they could loose a little money if Martin continued to sell those beauties... And handed the matter off to some lawyers...

I find it highly unlikely that Poseidon Germany can stop Martin for manufacturing a tube that just happen to fit in the MkVI and has the same functionality as a scrubber. It is called reverse engineering and is done all the time. As I see it, this is only related to the scrubber and not any other parts. Maybe they came to some agreement as there might be other ways for a company to stop the sale, since it has a direct impact on sales of one of Poseidons products, namely the 797 Prepacked...

maybe, just maybe... Martin do want to be able to purchase parts from poseidon in the future

RBW Member gcasaschi is an unknown quantity at this point gcasaschi's Avatar
    MRK VI

how do i contact martin? i am interested in purchasing the refillable canister for the Poseidon Discovery

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

tecme.de

Look for the contact info...

RBW Member onewheel is an unknown quantity at this point onewheel's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery SE7EN

Poseidon Discovery 7 Upgr.MKVI

The main reason why Poseidon is doing pre packed - is for safety reason. They donīt do it to earn money...period. They have looked at security, and made a decision about not having divers pack them self. Look at AP..they just realized that they couldn't talk themselves out of the facts that PADI wanted pre packed. They just invented pro packed = packed by a PADI pro at a DC. Same thing with Hollis Explorer...they will try to talk them selfs out of that fact took...iīm sure.

All those divers with there plastic 20lit sofnolime...with an expire date...do you believe they will trow away 10 lit expired sofnolime or will they try to dive.

Well i have seen it and i know what i guess....

So when people gets CO2 hits or even die...the company and the machine gets the blame. Also that PERIOD.

If you're diving home...by a nearby Poseidon dealer - pre packed...for traveling abroad i would prefer a packable canister....so let see what Santa brings this year...maybe he will be really really early this year?!?!

PADI just announced a new PACKING YOUR SCRUBBER LESSON.....

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 60M Tec

Quote Originally Posted by onewheel  View Original Post
    The main reason why Poseidon is doing pre packed - is for safety reason. They donīt do it to earn money...period. They have looked at security, and made a decision about not having divers pack them self.

Naah.. I don't buy that. Of course they make money out of it. Poseidon IS the agent for prepacked 797. I belive that the prepacked is a part of the CE and also a prerequsition for PADI course (actually, any course). It has nothing to do with security.

All those divers with there plastic 20lit sofnolime...with an expire date...do you believe they will trow away 10 lit expired sofnolime or will they try to dive.
    Yes, well.. The expiry date on my kegs is so long that I will have no issues using it before expiry date. I don't see it as an issue, and I do not dive that much, compared to many others.

So when people gets CO2 hits or even die...the company and the machine gets the blame. Also that PERIOD.
    No it doesn't. It has been discussed and I don't even want to bring it up as an issue, seeing how many rebreather hours that is done on self packed scrubbers vs fatality. Accident's do happen, but it might just as well be, due to excessive use of scrubber. And this can happen on the MkVI as well.

If you're diving home...by a nearby Poseidon dealer - pre packed...for traveling abroad i would prefer a packable canister....so let see what Santa brings this year...maybe he will be really really early this year?!?!
    Why differentiate? Since your stand is that it is so much more dangerous to dive a self packed, you should implement this on all dives.

PADI just announced a new PACKING YOUR SCRUBBER LESSON.....
    Not surprised..... at all.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Careful with the multi quote mate, you'll get mistaken for Brad Horn ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast