+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Booster pumps

RBW Member yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves's Avatar

Re: Booster pumps

Quote Originally Posted by psmedo  View Original Post
    I´m looking for a booster to pump O2 for remote CCR diving. How mutch did you paid for the DTB5C and what about part delivery time ?

I´ve looked in the web link but no price available.

Thanks

PM
    I sell it in Belgium for 1650 eu ex vat means 1996eu including Belgium VAT

This is for a full operational unit including filling hoses, drive gas hose, bull nose or other connector and manual gauge on the 300 bar filling adaptor
    Delivery about 10 days

Yves

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Quote Originally Posted by yves  View Original Post
    8 years ago I had a client whom blew up a part of a boat, over 30.000eu damage.
    I used this one in my shop, and the new owner still does: DTB5C - Diving Gas booster - air driven - to 250 bar pressure
    You get what you pay fore

We retail these in Oz for $2850 which includes the hose, whips, case etc. ... ready to go. Never had a problem with them ever - well worth the investment.

regards Baz

RBW Member Glos-Tech is an unknown quantity at this point Glos-Tech's Avatar

I use and proudly own a Stansted DTB5C

Very impressed with mine

RBW Member Rangaman70 will become famous soon enough Rangaman70 will become famous soon enough Rangaman70 will become famous soon enough Rangaman70's Avatar
    rEvo Mini III eCCR

Bazza,

Can you drive the booster using a shop air compressor rather than off either HP compressor or an air bank ?

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

If you can feed it 10bar plus then she'll work.

I'm about to set my boosters up to use a 15 CFM low pressure compressor to save using expensive HP storage bank air.

regards Baz

RBW Member yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves has a spectacular aura about yves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rangaman70  View Original Post
    Bazza,

Can you drive the booster using a shop air compressor rather than off either HP compressor or an air bank ?
    No problem, but you need about 250l / min. so a small one with a 10l storage tank slows it down, and indeed 10 bar

RBW Member bajaecotours is an unknown quantity at this point bajaecotours's Avatar
    REVO

MEG

JUNE 2017

Since this is an old thread...and yet still relevant, I thought i'd add some new information to keep it up to date.

I've personally been using the Hydraulics International Booster Pumps. At first i thought going Haskel, but upon checking the cost of the rebuild kits, i decided to go with the Hydraulics Int. Boosters....Their rebuild kits are more affordable than Haskel rebuild kits. Knowing you will have to rebuild the pump eventually, this is something to consider.

Small Portable Booster Pump
    boosting O2 & He
    Model#: 3G-SS-20
    Evaluation:
    great pump for boosting small cylinders and works just fine when using an 80cuft. scuba tank with a regulator that allows 135 to 150psi into the air intake. I've been quite happy using this pump for travel and it all packs into a case with quick disconnect lines and regulator and a mix of attachments.
    Not a great choice if you are filling larger 72 or 80 cuft. cylinders. Although i have used it for this purpose, it's SLOW and can heat up causing you to have to take a break from filling. BUT, all small boosters have this same issue.
    Rebuild Kit Costs:
    Air side: $25 to $35usd
    O2 side: $255 to $310usd
    (depending on where you buy them)

The pump itself sells around $1760 to $2000usd - then add on cost of accessories...expect to spend $1,000 to $2,000usd in accessories....whips, quick disconnects, He & O2 tank adapters, air regulator and whip, DIN and YOKE connectors, various valves and finally pressure gauges and if mixing He, it's nice to have a digital gauge---expect another $250 to $400 for a digital gauge.

If you are looking for a bit more rugged booster and that's something you can still travel with, then the 5g SS-30-T-O ( "T" stands for T mod)....i've just ordered this pump recently and awaiting delivery, but the specs seem great and after talking to one of the engineers at Hydraulics International, it's a great gas delivery booster. With the Tmod, you will use very little drive gas for a pump this size...and it delivers more than double what the 3G delivers and is said to be far more rugged. Having rebuilt my 3G several times....i'm looking forward to seeing how the 5G performs. As for the rebuild kits...they are approximately the same cost as the 3G kits....

The 5G SS-30-T-O sells from $3200 to $3600usd

Bottom line if you are buying a gas booster, i'd highly recommend checking how well the company deals with you over the phone with tech support and then price of rebuild kits as well as accessibility of both...If i live in N. America and have to deal with tech support in Asia or Europe---i might find the time differential a real pain to plan out as well as cost of shipping, import duties etc..for spares. Same thing going the other way....

I can say that i've had many conversations with the folks at Hydraulics Intl. and they have been helpful in every way when it comes to me needing schematics emailed or over the phone tech support when i have a question.

Here are a few helpful links:
    http://www.hii-pumps.com/products.html

http://www.hiigroup.com/main/home.asp

https://www.amronintl.com/hydraulics...-3g-ss-20.html

https://www.amronintl.com/hydraulics...-5g-ss-30.html (this pump does NOT have the t-mod...ask for it for an additional $85usd)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2