+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poseidon White Paper

RBW Member Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt's Avatar
    Poseidon mk6

Re: Poseidon White Paper

+1 for Seldom, There is a more info on the Poseidon site than in the the White Paper. Maybe if other manufactures, who have been in the rebreather game for a lot longer than Poseidon, had been publishing the data from incidents on their units there may have been a few less fatalaties over the years.

You can knock Poseidon marketing, but at least they are trying to be open and learn from the things that have gone wrong.

RBW Member Seldom Here is an unknown quantity at this point Seldom Here's Avatar
    Discovery MK VI

Quote Originally Posted by JONT3  View Original Post
    You're missing the point, its the extremely dishonest advertising that surrounds the unit.
    My point is that getting hung up on the marketing is not the point I am making. That is a debate had many times and I am not starting a troll friendly thread to debate it again.

The point I am trying to make is that the industry needs more openess about Accidents and fatalities. As far as I can tell, Poseidon seem to be the only manufacturer who have opened up and shared their findings from investigations. Are they perfect? No, without independant review there will always be some level of bias.

But why are other manufacturers not making this information available? It is not a great advertisment for a product for sure, but is it because they are afraid it invites a string of legal cases claiming liability?

As an industry, we need more openness in this area.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by RSmith  View Original Post
    One thing is for sure, there will be fatalities regardless...
    Yes, no matter what Rebreather you dive and no matter how well you are trained...

(Well not you - you, you know what i mean)

My view might be narrow and my experience limited, but I have never regarded the MkVI as a recreational unit. I dive mostly recreational dives. But I do not dive it recreational.

I have nothing else to add, more than, get your head screwed on right, go dive. Let it be an 6m OC reef dive with a 10 litre, or a 100 meter Rebreather wreck dive.
    Last edited by Jeppe_E; 21st May 2013 at 09:15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2