+ Reply to Thread

Thread: diffuser for draeger

RBW Member jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1's Avatar

diffuser for draeger

I know this has been asked bbefore a while ago, but...

I was looking for a bubble diffuser for the dolphin, I know divematics do sell one but it seeemed a little bit on the pricey side (no offence intended) Plus it has to come from the US and I wondered if anyone had come across any other commercial offerings in the UK/Europe. The usual suspects tecme and w+s dont seem to do one.

Was there ever an official draeger one?

I guess I could probably knock something up that could do the job, but it would look "home brew".

I was wondering about trying to make one that still allows you to adjust the opv while the difffuser is "in situ" and that might be a little more complicated.

What does anyone think? I just wanted my controlled leak to leak a little more quietly

John R

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: diffuser for draeger

Quote Originally Posted by jar_uk1
    Not for the Dolphin, but Dräger's LEBA 54 had a mil spec bubble diffusor.

New Member mothball is an unknown quantity at this point mothball's Avatar

I tried cutting a couple of square sections of ladies' stockings and placing them on top of the OPV before I stuck it through the shell. I could tell it was working cause it was even quieter and other divers verified that the bubbles were, in fact, a lot smaller coming out of the OPV. I usually leave my OPV in the full tight position, but I could easily rotate it if I needed to. Hope this helps. Semper Fi Dave

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

I have a new Divematics unit avaILABLE. COST IS $125.00 usd PLUS SHIPPING.

PM me for details.

L8er

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jar_uk1
    I know this has been asked bbefore a while ago, but...

I was looking for a bubble diffuser for the dolphin, I know divematics do sell one but it seeemed a little bit on the pricey side (no offence intended) Plus it has to come from the US and I wondered if anyone had come across any other commercial offerings in the UK/Europe. The usual suspects tecme and w+s dont seem to do one.

I guess I could probably knock something up that could do the job, but it would look "home brew".

I was wondering about trying to make one that still allows you to adjust the opv while the difffuser is "in situ" and that might be a little more complicated.

What does anyone think? I just wanted my controlled leak to leak a little more quietly

John R
    I don't have a Dolphin but I think that I have seen some people monting the diffuser from an FGT over the OPV on the Dolphin. The FGT diffuser is fixed by screws that could be fixed to the Dolhin shell if the right holes are made in the top.

RBW Member jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1's Avatar

Thanks for the ideas, mmm Maybe I will try a cut piece of stockings, but what denier to go for? Too sheer and they may rip easily, too thick and...well who knows what might happen :))))

Can't be any more embarrasing than buying a large tube of KY, then uttering the immortal words "Its for my rubber suit"...

I have a dive this weekend at the SETT (Submarine Escape Training Tank) in Portsmouth, so I might try the stockings idea then, just have to make sure I tuck the rest of the stocking inside the shell, otherwise I might get some funny looks...

John R

New Member mothball is an unknown quantity at this point mothball's Avatar

LOL Jar, I got ya. Usually, I just mention to my girlfriend what I need and she takes care of it for me. The control top portion seems to work best. I tried the leg portion with some success, but the top portion really seems to do the trick of diffusing better without increasing the wob, although you do still get a few bubbles. Good luck. Semper Fi Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mothball
    LOL Jar, I got ya. Usually, I just mention to my girlfriend what I need and she takes care of it for me. The control top portion seems to work best. I tried the leg portion with some success, but the top portion really seems to do the trick of diffusing better without increasing the wob, although you do still get a few bubbles. Good luck. Semper Fi Dave
    Thanks for the advice, now to go and raid the cupboards for suitable cast-offs...

I think I have to call a halt to spending, so as much as "proper" diffuser would be nice, it is going to be a "home brew" solutions, starting with stockings (or more likely - tights!)

John

+ Reply to Thread