+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Nitrogen narcosis? Bollocks!" :)

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Talking "Nitrogen narcosis? Bollocks!" :)

Cracking dive tonight. Saw squid, sea cucumber, dogfish, wrasse etc etc. Saw an anchor so big that lying down along the bottom holding the spade bits it was bigger than me! The shaft was longer than my car!

I digress...

We went in to find something. After a while, happily following my OC buddy who knew where "it" was, I noticed him get his notebook out (we were at 40m+). "Flash," I thought, "he's got a route map and everything!"

Then a few minutes later, he turns to me and hands me the notebook.

It read, including punctuation...

"I'm glad you're CCR because I'll have to admit to being slightly lost."

And I have to admit to LMAO for the next 15 mins! :D

Edit: Apparently I forgot to mention the Thornback Ray and the 15 spined stickleback... I am diving with a train-spotter... LOL! Just goes to show, if you dive air deep regularly, narcosis needn't be as bad as everyone makes out...

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    I've never had narcosis in my bollocks. Is it painful? There aren't manythings that can happen to your bollocks that aren't... :)

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardland
    I've never had narcosis in my bollocks. Is it painful? There aren't manythings that can happen to your bollocks that aren't... :)
    And those that do should involve a woman... ;)

I'm quoting OC buddy when we checked his notebook after the dive... He even got the punctuation right...

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Talk about nitrogen narcosis and bollocks.

A bunch of friends and I took a chamber ride (dry dive) a few years back to 5 ata.
    My buddy and I fared pretty well, doing dexterity, writing and math exercises. One of us just looked sick and worried. The other two were narked out of their sulls.
    One of them ended up mooning the operator through the porthole.
    Didn't wrap up the jewels until we were half way back to surface pressure. :D

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    Talk about nitrogen narcosis and bollocks.

A bunch of friends and I took a chamber ride (dry dive) a few years back to 5 ata.
    My buddy and I fared pretty well, doing dexterity, writing and math exercises. One of us just looked sick and worried. The other two were narked out of their sulls.
    One of them ended up mooning the operator through the porthole.
    Didn't wrap up the jewels until we were half way back to surface pressure. :D
    PMSL!

Question: Was this narcosis or does this guy normally "pose"? It can be hard to tell with some people... ;)

[Sensible Head /on] I've always wanted to do a Pot Dive, sounds like fun! Perhaps we should gauge interest - might be worth organising a trip...

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    PMSL!
    Question: Was this narcosis or does this guy normally "pose"?
    It was narcosis alright, that guy is as straight as they come.
    He was rather ashamed afterwards ... the operator usually attends the annual local dive show for his school's program. Even after several years the guys head still turns that shiny shade of purple red he had when he left the chamber. :D

I've always wanted to do a Pot Dive, sounds like fun! Perhaps we should gauge interest - might be worth organising a trip...
    That's what we did, got a bunch of people together. Three groups of four and five I believe it was. Pretty intresting, really. You can feel the pressure on a single foot of depth (30cm) like you never have. Gets mighty toasty on 'the way down' and quite nippy on ascend. Drop your computer into a large cup of water and record the dive. For the first time you'll have absolutely perfect buoyancy and ascend rates. ;)

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    One of the guys who works down Wraysbury is a chamber tech for whipps cross...If there was interest.

Where's Whips Cross?

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    Where's Whips Cross?
    Either Beanie's or Lou's flat, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou
    we're coming to get you

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    Either Beanie's or Lou's flat, I guess.
    LOL :)

My reputation is completley ruined.. he he

I've gone from innocent angel to Miss Whiplash in one easy step

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast