+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discovery MKVI sidemount conversion

RBW Member tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd's Avatar
    KISS explorer #473

Discovery Mk VI, TOMBOB

Discovery MKVI sidemount conversion

Gents, for those of you interested in BOB rebreathers. Project and pool dives are going well, all the info and pictures can be found at the below site.

Tom
    kimberleyproject.com | Blog

RBW Member Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt's Avatar
    Poseidon mk6

Re: Discovery MKVI sidemount conversion

Interesting build Tom. are you running the 'breather on one side & the cylinders on the other or does everything mount to the unit?

RBW Member tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd's Avatar
    KISS explorer #473

Discovery Mk VI, TOMBOB

Yes mate, standard side mount config. I have been clipping an O2 bottle of my armadillo on the same side as the breather. Attaching cyl to it makes it too hard to trim in the water, not great for restrictions either.

RBW Member scubamoody is an unknown quantity at this point scubamoody's Avatar
    Cis Lunar Mk6

Great effort so far, am looking forward to seeing how it progresses. I have thought about doing it myself but to be honest found it too daunting a project, had no idea where to begin.

KISS explorer #473

Discovery Mk VI, TOMBOB

Look it is a very daunting prospect pulling apart a 7k rebreather and turning it into something else. This is not a project I have rushed into.

The only things that have or will be changed is a section of the loop as you have seen and the HP and LP plumbing.

Cis Lunar Mk6

From what I've seen it looks like you've taken a very sensible and well thought out approach. I am very curious to see how it will breath. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by scubamoody  View Original Post
    I am very curious to see how it will breath.
    +1

Cis Lunar Mk6

Just wondering how the project was coming along.

+ Reply to Thread