+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expedition diving with Add Helium & DiveTech

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Expedition diving with Add Helium & DiveTech

Finishing last full day with Peter Sotis and DiveTech in Grand Cayman. It's been a short but exceptionally helpful 4 days.

The Add Helium staff was prepared with new information regarding decompression planning, several seminars on DCS (new in understanding, prevention and definition) in addition to hands on assistance with gear.

DiveTech was very available for supplies, gear handling, transfers and meals. The boat schedule was catered to our culmination dive: Sand Chute for depth and shallow deco on the Kittiwake wreck. And the boat staff with assistance in/out of water.

Comfortably extended my depth range beyond MOD3.

MarkF CaddyDoc is an unknown quantity at this point CaddyDoc's Avatar
    rEvoIII micro

Re: Expedition diving with Add Helium & DiveTech

Nice

RBW Member quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean's Avatar
    Meg

Just out of curiosity, did you learn anything you didn't already know?
    Someday I'll have to make it to the Cayman's. See you're from Ohio! Just hit Gilboa the other day. Was 38 deg top to bottom :/

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Yes, learned quite a bit with regards to the correlation between bubbles and DCS. Most of it new to me as the studies are just being pulled from Europe.

Also learned to trust the new system of dive forecasting, PO2 averaging. And I got experience to trust volume predictions on 2 liter bottles to depths beyond MOD3.

Most important: I learned how punishing Gilboa is compared to the 82* water here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by TopLeft  View Original Post
    Also learned to trust the new system of dive forecasting, PO2 averaging. And I got experience to trust volume predictions on 2 liter bottles to depths beyond MOD3.
    Cool. Is this the TTS method I've heard mentioned? Could you explain what it is exactly?

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

TTS or what we now call the "Trudive" method is a process for applying dive planning to multilevel diving with accuracy. Normally, most of us forecast a dive with a square plan and then we dive at various depths. This prevents us from utilizing our intended Bail Out supplies accurately.

Its much like when recreational divers used to dive by tables and they utilized computers to manage their multilevel diving, extending their bottom time and NDL's. With decompression planning its a little more complicated than that, but the Trudive method allows you to be within your intended Bailout supplies regardless of depth within reason. This usually translates into longer bottom times if you do not reach your intended max depth or shorter times if you go deeper than your intended max depth. The point is, you can vary your depth beyond your plan and always know where you are in relation to your Bail Out.

But this is only a small part of the entire method. You should join one of my Normoxic or Trimix classes to get the full scoop. Visitors are always welcome.

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Thanks for sharing, Peter! I'd love to hear more some day.
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    Stone Rust | East Coast Wreck Diving
    SF2 | rEvo
    Training | Charters | Equipment

+ Reply to Thread