+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shearwater hud

RBW Member pollardive is an unknown quantity at this point pollardive's Avatar

shearwater hud

how difficult would it be to change a shearwater hud for molex cells, to fit coax cells, can it be rewired onto coax connectors? Its for a inspo classic.
    Thanks,
    Kevin.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Re: shearwater hud

Kevin,
    It would be quite easy, the main issue would be getting the gold plated coax connectors and soldering them on decently.
    Have you asked Narked@90 for a quote?
    HTH
    Simon A

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Fischer HUD

As long as you have a cable with fischer connector on it, you could use one of N@90's Huds.

Dwayne

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

I was considering swapping the Molex plugs in my Classic KISS to SMB coax plugs a few years ago but I never progressed much.

I have the Shearwater GF cable and the HUD cables and I think the biggest problem would be getting both sets of wires into the plug. The alternative would be soldering onto a short length of coax cable between the wiring and the plug. I am no expert on which method would be best.

In the KISS I think straight SMB plugs would be better than right-angle ones because it would avoid an unnecessary bend in the cable and might have a bearing in the point above.

RBW Member pollardive is an unknown quantity at this point pollardive's Avatar

was in contact with narked@90. they can do it.

+ Reply to Thread