Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Personal attacks

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Re: Personal attacks

I am assuming that you are referring to me with this post. If so, that is a reasonable hope on your part. You will not see me or any moderator of this board participate in personal character assination. Its not in line with our goals or philosphy.

With that in mind, I have no intention of not speaking my mind or debating issues of interest to me. While I may be the owner, I am also a diver and have a vested interest in this sport for which I am extremely passionate about.

So lets just try to get along and do some constructive things that improve the site and the sport at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    Hope that applies to the "CEO" as well then !!!!!!!

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Technical divers are some of the most bull headed type "A" people I know. To a degree I think essentially what you are asking is like asking "The Who" to please don't trash the hotel room.

I appreciate the position of this original post...but I don't think it exists in the real world.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

felixsimba felixsimba is on a distinguished road felixsimba is on a distinguished road felixsimba's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin SCR

LAR V, LAR VI, OMG

What I am about to pen below is not to criticize anyone or anything but in the hope that it will make us a better RBW community. I came across this recently and I think it is quite relevant to all of us including those who are leaders, who wants to be a leader or who bought into leadership (like politicians amongst others.) When we make a decision to change things or remove things or modify things, they are decisions that whether we like it or not, effects people around us. There is no such thing as changing things around without causing an effect and so if that is logical then it follows that ones decision must be properly tempered with extreme care even though certain ideas or styles maybe offensive to us. Not long ago people were burn at the stake for saying that there is a universe out there. We don't do those things now and America in recent times is seen as the last bastion of democracy but there is a danger still of people walking around softly wielding a big stick.

"A peacemaker always fares better than an agitator.

In today’s “everything is negotiable” society, we are bombarded with messages telling us that we get what we demand, not what we deserve. You may temporarily achieve success by demanding more than your due from others, but it will not long endure. “Squeaky wheels” may initially receive the most attention, but the wise wagon-master eventually replaces them. It’s easy to create problems and dissension but very difficult to lead others in a spirit of cooperation and harmony. Which type of individual do you think is most valuable to the organization? The greatest rewards in life — both financial and personal — will always accrue to the peacemakers of the world."

PS: If I am correct the writer might be referring to Curt as he still calls himself a CEO if you check his Avatar. Philosophy is a big word and one is glad to hear that there is a RBW Philosophy. May we know what it is? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    I am assuming that you are referring to me with this post. If so, that is a reasonable hope on your part. You will not see me or any moderator of this board participate in personal character assination. Its not in line with our goals or philosphy.

With that in mind, I have no intention of not speaking my mind or debating issues of interest to me. While I may be the owner, I am also a diver and have a vested interest in this sport for which I am extremely passionate about.

So lets just try to get along and do some constructive things that improve the site and the sport at the same time.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    Technical divers are some of the most bull headed type "A" people I know.
    "I disagree." That's just an opinion.

"You are absolutely wrong and everyone knows it." Still opinion, but ramping it up a bit and making it sound like a poll has been taken.

"You are a total ass for saying that and will get people killed." Could be a bit over the line at that point, but it is still on topic.

"Just forget about anything Monkey says. He is a total brainless jerk who always tries to incite people and believes in the rebreather fairy, or maybe he is the rebreather fairy." That is clearly personal attack having nothing to do with the current discussion about whether tech divers are type A personalities.

There are many other responses that fall somewhere in the gray area, but I think I've picked on James enough. And BTW, I happen to agree with Monkey's statement.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    "I disagree." That's just an opinion.

"You are absolutely wrong and everyone knows it." Still opinion, but ramping it up a bit and making it sound like a poll has been taken.

"You are a total ass for saying that and will get people killed." Could be a bit over the line at that point, but it is still on topic.

"Just forget about anything Monkey says. He is a total brainless jerk who always tries to incite people and believes in the rebreather fairy, or maybe he is the rebreather fairy." That is clearly personal attack having nothing to do with the current discussion about whether tech divers are type A personalities.

There are many other responses that fall somewhere in the gray area, but I think I've picked on James enough. And BTW, I happen to agree with Monkey's statement.
    Ken, I can handle any heat you bring.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    T
    See those little sausage fingers your typing with?
    Hmm Curt that could refer to "Biting the hand that feeds you" hope you like sausages LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post

No as you do not have CEO under your name I cannot remember the exact words but I believe Curt made reference in the deleted post that a certain person would not be able to tell the truth if they only asked him his name, certainly that is a kind of personal attack wich other are not being allowed to make & as can be seen from Curts reply he "thinks" he is above everybody in terms of being allowed to make such comments.
    Before anybody starts I am not defending DS at all but the principle that if the Staff of RBW want us to play fair then they have set an good example to start with. I also have nothing against light hearted banter .
    As you say lets all try to get along.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Personal attacks

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    No as you do not have CEO under your name I cannot remember the exact words but I believe Curt made reference in the deleted post that a certain person would not be able to tell the truth if they only asked him his name, certainly that is a kind of personal attack wich other are not being allowed to make & as can be seen from Curts reply he "thinks" he is above everybody in terms of being allowed to make such comments.
    Before anybody starts I am not defending DS at all but the principle that if the Staff of RBW want us to play fair then they have set an good example to start with. I also have nothing against light hearted banter .
    As you say lets all try to get along.
    +10000000

Wish I could give you green for this but haven't figured out how on Tapatalk. I'm with you all the way.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    For you, that also means no more personal attacks against my rEvo (or large bolt snaps)

Franco
    I never attacked your revo. It can break itself without my help.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    Technical divers are some of the most bull headed type "A" people I know.
    True.

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning...
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    and believes in the rebreather fairy
    you mean....there is no rebreather fairy???????????

Dive safe,

Celia

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast