+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denee mine in Belgium

RBW Member 501 will become famous soon enough 501 will become famous soon enough 501 will become famous soon enough 501 will become famous soon enough 501's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Denee mine in Belgium

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this video with you. I shot this in the Denee mine in Belgium last fall. To get to the entrance of the mine you have to repel down a steep bank littered with years of junkyard junk. Very nice wearing a rebreather and bail out!

Enjoy!

Diving the Denee mine in Belgium - YouTube

RBW Member JTB is an unknown quantity at this point JTB's Avatar
    rEvo II mini

Re: Denee mine in Belgium

what did you shoot this video with? sure was a mess on the surface like stated, i mean i read it but wasnt expecting to see a true dump there rite to the water.

RBW Member 501 will become famous soon enough 501 will become famous soon enough 501 will become famous soon enough 501 will become famous soon enough 501's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Yeah it's a real mess. I think it's a Belgium equivalent of a' Do not dive ' sign.
    Shot the video using an old Canon ixus / powershot 960. its not hd but as a first timer I'm quite pleased with the result.

RBW Member Philipp is an unknown quantity at this point Philipp's Avatar
    Inspi Vision, Dräger LAR VI

Dräger Dolphin, Medi RG-UF/M

Hi together,

I have question regarding the diving in the Denee mine in Belgium. Is it unrestricted accessible or is it neccessary to own a cave brevet? I have some cave diving experience in small German caves (mainly short and muddy siphon diving). But this was a nice oppurtunity to reactivate this and to do some cave diving experience with my ECCR. A map and the detailed location of the mine would be very helpful as well!

Thanks in advance!

So long

P

Inspiration Vision

It's certainly not a Carvern-type mine with quick access to the surface. It's quite long with lots of different passages and at one spot goes down to about 25 msw. So as any cave / mine not something to take lightly.

Besides I would not recommend diving any type of cave or mine without proper training and certification!!

+ Reply to Thread