+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bahamas & Caribbean where to get O2 fills?

RBW Member Ted Reitsma is an unknown quantity at this point Ted Reitsma's Avatar
    none yet

Red face Bahamas & Caribbean where to get O2 fills?

I am getting a Poseidon CCR and noted on their website all the dealers around the world. I found very little in the Caribbean and none in Bahamas. No point in having a rebreather that is portable if cannot get O2 cleaned and filled cylinder. I did not see much on Rebreather World so far either. I was on one island that had many shops but only 1 did nitrox for all the other dive resorts. So how accessible are O2 clean/fills on the various Caribbean islands? I cannot fly/sail to different islands for fills, so knowing which ones can do it would be helpful. Rebreather World would be perfect place to list these.

RBW Member scubamoody is an unknown quantity at this point scubamoody's Avatar
    Cis Lunar Mk6

Bahamas & Caribbean where to get O2 fills?

The only person in the Bahamas with a o2 booster is Brian Kakuk at Bahamas Underground on Abaco. Also the pre packed sorb that is used in the Mk6 might be expensive for you to get a hold of or ship out there so you might want to consider picking up a repackable version, Martin at Techme sells an excellent one. Good luck.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Bahamas & Caribbean where to get O2 fills?

In Grand Cayman, you can contact:

DiveTek.com

Call or email them ahead of time about your sorb requirements. They can get that in time if you let them know.

Blue Waters!!!

Stevie Tippetts Stevie Tippetts is an unknown quantity at this point Stevie Tippetts's Avatar
    Defender

Sentinel, Evo+, rEvo, PF

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    In Grand Cayman, you can contact:

DiveTek.com

Call or email them ahead of time about your sorb requirements. They can get that in time if you let them know.

Blue Waters!!!
    Sorry to be pedantic, but the correct web address is as follows:-

Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran

Or you can drop me an email if you are planning on dropping in.

steve@divetech.com

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Reitsma  View Original Post
    I am getting a Poseidon CCR and noted on their website all the dealers around the world. I found very little in the Caribbean and none in Bahamas. No point in having a rebreather that is portable if cannot get O2 cleaned and filled cylinder. I did not see much on Rebreather World so far either. I was on one island that had many shops but only 1 did nitrox for all the other dive resorts. So how accessible are O2 clean/fills on the various Caribbean islands? I cannot fly/sail to different islands for fills, so knowing which ones can do it would be helpful. Rebreather World would be perfect place to list these.

Hello Ted, in general, the 'rebreather friendly' heading on the top of the page may help you find operations that will have O2 and other things needed to make a trip easy. However, you can always find O2 anywhere there is a hospital. The main problem I have had traveling with a CCR, is whether the dive shop is willing to accommodate longer dive times, or if you want to dive away from the bubble blowers. If the dive shop is willing to help you, it should be no big deal for them to ask the hospital to order an extra O2 cylinder in their next shipment. I have done this in remote parts of Indonesia several times. Of course that means you need to bring your own fill whip and cylinders, but this should not be such a big deal if you pack properly.

It is always best to be as self sufficient as possible when traveling with a CCR. I have had a trip ruined by an operator who promised more than they could deliver, and since then I have never left anything to chance that I didn't have to... -Andy

Mesophotic Science Diver NoBubblesNoTroubles is an unknown quantity at this point NoBubblesNoTroubles's Avatar
    Prism2

Explorer, PoseidonMKVI, Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Reitsma  View Original Post
    Utila Dive Center (on Utila Island) teaches on the MKVI (that's where I got my cert!). They will definitely be able to help you out :)
    goproutila.com

RBW Member Mark Rowe is an unknown quantity at this point Mark Rowe's Avatar
    AP Vision

Bahamas & Caribbean where to get O2 fills?

I'm moving to punta Cana, Dominican Republic in May 13 to teach for couple of years and set up tech at the dive centre I'm teaching at.
    I'm taking my mk6 with me so if you came to us you could use mine.
    Outside that uwescuba.com in the DR teach CCR and have kit to use and they are close to the st George wreck - biggest best in the Caribbean in 20-45m range.

Safe diving
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Rowe; 26th March 2013 at 09:32.

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

You can also get oxygen, helium and sorb in Grenada and probably in Bonaire from Will.

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    You can also get oxygen, helium and sorb in Grenada and probably in Bonaire from Will.
    In Bonaire you can get full service from Walt Stark or sorb and rental bailout cylinders from Buddy Dive or in a pinch (oxygen, helium and sorb) from me.

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

We're in Cozumel, we have full CCR service and stock Sofnolime, 2 & 3 lt on-board cylinders, Al40's & Al80's bailout tanks, 3,000psi O2 fills, Air & Trimix diluents, and a great boat with experienced staff.

Deep Exposure Dive Center

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast