+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drager Dolphin Divers

RBW Member skip is an unknown quantity at this point skip's Avatar
    none

None

Drager Dolphin Divers

I'm pretty sure our instructor is not going to post here, so I will! Myself and Kaine completed the PADI Drager Dolphin SCR class and are now PADI rebreather divers (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but we learned a lot from a good instructor). We decided a good way to learn and explore rebreather diving was to buy older scr used units and get a bit of training, then experience. Besides, it was winter and we were bored.

For about $2,000.00 each we purchased everything needed including the training. You can't find a less expensive way to investigate rebreather diving.

Anyway, here we are! Two newbies to Rebreather World...if the drager dolpin counts as a rebreather....

skip

Supporting Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Re: Drager Dolphin Divers

Good thinking! OF course the Drager is a rebreather and an excellent unit to help you get to grips with rebreather diving, avoiding the expensive research i had to do. Welcome and keep us posted on your exploits!

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

And there is a wealth of experience out there who have done all sorts of tricks with the unit including closing them to full ccr so in future if you decide to go down that path just pore over RBW topics . Nice to have you along

Nick Tessier music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco's Avatar
    MCCR

Chris is spot on
    But be careful in the end you can end up with a dolphin that contains no original parts and spend more than you would have to get a decent 2nd hand CCR

Supporting Member mgkarl is on a distinguished road mgkarl is on a distinguished road mgkarl's Avatar
    Dolphin UBS40

Ray

Congratulations! You will learn a ton with your unit.

RBW Member Urban Peer is an unknown quantity at this point Urban Peer's Avatar
    Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

Quote Originally Posted by music for deco  View Original Post
    Chris is spot on
    But be careful in the end you can end up with a dolphin that contains no original parts and spend more than you would have to get a decent 2nd hand CCR
    True true, but you would also have missed the fun of creating your verry own personal rig.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skip  View Original Post
    I'm pretty sure our instructor is not going to post here, so I will! Myself and Kaine completed the PADI Drager Dolphin SCR class and are now PADI rebreather divers
    Skip and Kaine were a great pair of students. Have fun with the new toys and dive safe guys.

+ Reply to Thread