+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bail out position

RBW Member Jean-Francois is an unknown quantity at this point Jean-Francois's Avatar
    rEvo III mini rMS

Bail out position

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to stream line my 7L aluminum tank bail out better.
    For now I'm trying to apply what my instructor taught me. I've measured the distance between the chest D-ring and the hip D-ring then shortened my bail out "handle" (leash ?) to the same distance. But I'm still not convinced, my bail out tank still hangs too low below me. (Note this may be because I'm doing it wrong.)

I've looked around for different ways and found this video : Rebreather Pro: Rebreather Side Mount Bail Out Rig

It shows a great way to have it streamlined à la Side Mount but I'm not really sure how I can implement it on my rEvo III since there isn't really a back plate to attach the bungee cord to.

So I'm turning to you guys for ideas.

Thank you.

Supporting Member ml_guy is on a distinguished road ml_guy is on a distinguished road ml_guy's Avatar
    Revo III Mini RMS hCCR

Bail out position

Many of us on rEvos side mount both bailouts using a buttplate or stand. I'll send some pictures later, but my profile pic will show how the tanks will ride.

RBW Member mmarcoux is an unknown quantity at this point mmarcoux's Avatar
    rEvo 3 Micro FT RMS

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR

Bail out position

You can tie the back of the bungee to the top split backplate. Like what Mike said, you can use a butt plate/stand for the bottom connection or use a double d ring on the crotch strap behind. You'll have to adjust lengths of bungees and leashes on tanks to fit best for your size and tanks.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Bail out position

DIY double d ring
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362334352.525041.jpg

Or butt plate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362334411.786013.jpg

Sent from my rEvodream using Tapatalk

Supporting Member ml_guy is on a distinguished road ml_guy is on a distinguished road ml_guy's Avatar
    Revo III Mini RMS hCCR

Re: Bail out position

Exactly. Setup a buttplate / double d-ring / stand as indicated for your bottom tail. Trim the tails on the tank rigging in as tight as manageable - i personally have my bottom bailout bottle trimmed more than my shallow bailout, as the helium wants to pick the tail of the tank up more...

Add your top bungie to your upper plate like shown... with a stainless ring for the tank to clip onto...

On the tank, put a bungie choker nice and tight on your tank valve neck, and attached it to the ring on the bungies. The choker will keep the valve tight to the ring, and the main bungie will pull the whole top of the tank up under your armpit. It also makes it very easy to work with out of the water, as you get plenty of slack from the bungies - yet in the water they pull tight and hold it as streamlined as you'll ever get.

Chuck Norris Diving Team scuba_Mike is on a distinguished road scuba_Mike is on a distinguished road scuba_Mike's Avatar
    rEvoIII-hCCR rMS

rEvoII-mCCR Boris & Sentinel

Jean-François next time we meet I will 1-2 way to side mount bail-out on the rEvo
    Regards Mike
    Rebreather support in the Alps
    www.recycleur.eu

RBW Member Tybo will become famous soon enough Tybo will become famous soon enough Tybo will become famous soon enough Tybo's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Hello Jean-François,

I made a presentation of my rig, take a look (Sorry, it's in French... but I think the video speak by it self)
    An you can see it in action
    In this video, I have on me 2x alu's 7L sidemounted plus 1x10l carbon on a classic deco way.

A+
    Tybo
    Last edited by Tybo; 3rd March 2013 at 20:18.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT/rMS

rEvo II Micro mCCR

Actually, my way of having the BO bottles snug tightly by my side was, transfer the lower clip on the BO to the butt D-ring, then, use a simple bungy which is tied to the end of the webbing loop and pull to the front so that it can be hooked on the BO tank's knob.

I will attach a picture when I have access to my album. Cheers

Sent from my rEvo dream Piezo using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member Jean-Francois is an unknown quantity at this point Jean-Francois's Avatar
    rEvo III mini rMS

Thank you all for your inputs. I'll be sure to try them.

@scuba_Mike : volontiers et comme ça on pourra parler du cours normo :)

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT/rMS

rEvo II Micro mCCR

Re: Re: Bail out position

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Actually, my way of having the BO bottles snug tightly by my side was, transfer the lower clip on the BO to the butt D-ring, then, use a simple bungy which is tied to the end of the webbing loop and pull to the front so that it can be hooked on the BO tank's knob.

I will attach a picture when I have access to my album. Cheers

This was taken two days ago at Koh Tachai, Phuket. A simple butt d-ring and bungy to keep BO bottle snug tightly to me.

Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast