+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oahu Rebreather Support

RBW Member scubadoc is an unknown quantity at this point scubadoc's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Oahu Rebreather Support

Planning a trip in 3 weeks to Oahu in Hawaii. Have tried contacting 2 shops on the island without response. Any suggestions regarding dive shops on Oahu?

RBW Member TheFrogman is an unknown quantity at this point TheFrogman's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Re: Oahu Rebreather Support

Ocean Legends
    Oahu Scuba Diving 808 852 8881 | Tours, Activities & Dive Training | Oahu Dive Shop | Scuba Diving Oahu Hawaii

Haven't dove with them, but ran across them in my search for rebreather-friendly operations in Maui.

Haha still no luck in Maui but haven't given up yet!

RBW Member schpid has a little shameless behaviour in the past schpid's Avatar
    rEvo Standard Manual

Don't bother with Ocean Legends.
    Got screwed after what I understood to be a shop charter turned out to be a cattleboat dive.
    The OC equipment some in my group used literally fell apart in the water ( split mouthpieces).
    If you are forced to go with them, get every detail in writing and good luck.

RBW Member Superspeed is an unknown quantity at this point Superspeed's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Ocean Legends should have fill and sorb. As far as I know they are the only shop on the island with much CCR support. As far as the cattle boat thing...it can be avoided on Oahu, but tricky. If you go in the summer I would recommend shore dives as much as possible.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Ocean Legends has a booster, banked nitrox, helium and O2. They have rental rebreather tanks, rebreathers and a very professional and knowledgable staff.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

I like diving chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Mk15

Inpisspiration, KISS

Anyone thinking about coming to Oahu is welcome to PM me. I am not a shop, and have no "skin in the game", but am happy to make recommendations to prevent people getting screwed over by a select few snakes on island.

Aloha,
    Charlie

+ Reply to Thread