+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New HUD design

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by SEABEAR  View Original Post
    Hello,
    your HUD looks very interesting. Due the small diameter of the HUD, I don't think that it will implode - it might handle a lot of pressure.

We have designed some HUD's in the past - the problem is always to get the right lenses. We have one Head up Display for full face masks, which withstands >100m. The standard version of it is used only together with full face masks in open circuit. There is however a rebreather version also, which can read out 3 O2 cells and tank pressures.
    Check out www.seabear-diving.com

Best regards, Arne
    I like it ! Great job Arne !

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: New HUD design

I got my mini OLED yesterday.

I have use s piece of 20mm OD 14mm ID tube. Should be strong enough for 2 or 3 times the depth I intend to do. I tapped one end for M16x1 peizo swith and M16x2 for cable gland

Do you know if you can rotate the text 90 degrees with this display?

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    I got my mini OLED yesterday.

I have use s piece of 20mm OD 14mm ID tube. Should be strong enough for 2 or 3 times the depth I intend to do. I tapped one end for M16x1 peizo swith and M16x2 for cable gland

Do you know if you can rotate the text 90 degrees with this display?
    I think you can, but I not 100% sure.. I'm on my way home, so I will be able to send you my code and library's tomorrow.

RBW Member mrdall is an unknown quantity at this point mrdall's Avatar
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by nicklinux  View Original Post
    I think you can, but I not 100% sure.. I'm on my way home, so I will be able to send you my code and library's tomorrow.
    can I also have a copy of your source code and libbrary's

best regards Morten

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I can confirm that
    #include
    #include

display.setRotation( 3 );
    rotates text 270 degrees!!

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    I can confirm that
    #include
    #include

display.setRotation( 3 );
    rotates text 270 degrees!!
    Hmm will have to dig through it, looks like
    #include
    #include

display.setRotation( 2 );

will rotate the display 180 degrees if once you've built up a display like Nicks you want to run it from the other side of the DSV.

Simon A

Hammerhead

here is my code and library for the screen. It's not perfect, so don't go too hard on me .. I will upload schematics later.
    Attached Files

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Yes Simon that will work. I have mine set so that it displays portrait instead of landscape.
    There is no way I can use it as a HUD though. I can't focus on any thing less than 150mm away.

ALS-dive als363 is an unknown quantity at this point als363's Avatar
    HH & Flex

New HUD design

Looking foward to get started:)

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by nicklinux  View Original Post
    here is my code and library for the screen. It's not perfect, so don't go too hard on me .. I will upload schematics later.
    Nick, Your code looks good. Probably better than mine.

Thats the same Library that I have started using with the new display. Seems simple enough. Halfway through rewriting my code to suit it and the 16x2 display at once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast