+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New HUD design

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Re: New HUD design

Keep in mind that you can also avoid the tube entirely by making a simple mold and then grinding the epoxy to the final desired shape after removing it. Some of us do this routinely in the mk15 world with solenoids. It works very well. chunter put me on to doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklinux  View Original Post
    cys, I will for sure do a lot of dry runs :) before I pure it in the tube with oled.
    I actually really suck with epoxy =), last time I was gluing together some parts on the boat and after two days I checked and it was still wet ;( apparently I mixed it wrong or something ) after that i had to clean that sticky mess and do it all over again.. Well now I'm doing a lot better :) , but still could use some practice..
    Also, I want to try to go deeper with the hud and see if it will hold the pressure.. Maybe there will be no need potting it with epoxy after all. Who knows right :)

RBW Member SEABEAR is an unknown quantity at this point SEABEAR's Avatar
    Prototypes

Hello,
    your HUD looks very interesting. Due the small diameter of the HUD, I don't think that it will implode - it might handle a lot of pressure.

We have designed some HUD's in the past - the problem is always to get the right lenses. We have one Head up Display for full face masks, which withstands >100m. The standard version of it is used only together with full face masks in open circuit. There is however a rebreather version also, which can read out 3 O2 cells and tank pressures.
    Check out www.seabear-diving.com

Best regards, Arne

New Member zeroviz will become famous soon enough zeroviz will become famous soon enough zeroviz will become famous soon enough zeroviz's Avatar

If you are potting using the acrylic tube, there are better prodcuts to use
    than epoxy...for example water clear urethanes which are very easy to use
    and not prone to producing bubbles.
    But epoxy is cheap and available

RBW Member pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

How about if you lose your mask ? My 3 color HUD works ok but pretty sure i cant read a display without one...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by cys  View Original Post
    Keep in mind that you can also avoid the tube entirely by making a simple mold and then grinding the epoxy to the final desired shape after removing it. Some of us do this routinely in the mk15 world with solenoids. It works very well. chunter put me on to doing that.
    You gave me an brilliant idea ! I can mold lumberg or fisher connector together with HUD and have it detachable ! :)

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by zeroviz  View Original Post
    If you are potting using the acrylic tube, there are better prodcuts to use
    than epoxy...for example water clear urethanes which are very easy to use
    and not prone to producing bubbles.
    But epoxy is cheap and available
    Thanks!
    Do you know any particular brand or product number ?

Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by pegcjs  View Original Post
    How about if you lose your mask ? My 3 color HUD works ok but pretty sure i cant read a display without one...

To be honest I didn't check that :) but I would think that it won't be a problem ..
    I tried to read my shearwater without a mask once and it was.. let say "readable" or readable enough to stay on the loop and bailout safely.

RBW Member mrdall is an unknown quantity at this point mrdall's Avatar
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by nicklinux  View Original Post
    If I ever decide to start building and selling them, I will probably make it as a do it yourself kit where you can by parts and assemble them yourself(something like PPO2 displays from PPO2.com) we all know the liability issues... Also, you don't need to have a degree in rocket science to solder parts on the board when you have all the instructions:) So the total price should be very affordable(I'm a homebuilder, so I know price makes big difference). I will check on price for board design and printing to see if any if this actually worth a try.
    The housing for the board I can machine from delrin or aluminum in my shop. The screen is monochrome oled and available in two colors: blue and white.
    what kind of display are you using, and where can you get it from?

best regards Morten

Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by mrdall  View Original Post
    what kind of display are you using, and where can you get it from?

best regards Morten
    This is monochrome OLED. You can buy it on the eBay. Look for the " i2c oled "

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegcjs  View Original Post

Just put on your spare mask...

/Christian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast