+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New HUD design

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

New HUD design

Hi,
    I finally finished my little project that I started few month ago..
    At the beginning I started working on set point controller and HUD as a replacement for original analog sp controller on my mk15. My idea was to get rid of 25mv cells and convert it to work with R-22 type 9-13mv cellís which a lot cheaper, widely available and I will work with Shearwater without adding a voltage divider Ö First I wanted to make simple HUD with 3 LEDís but then I changed my mind and started working on digital HUD, which I believed supposed to make my life easier.. (and it did J) now I hardly look at my primary or secondary only on decent/accent(latter I will add deco information to HUD as well).
    I think digital HUD is a lot easier to use and doesnít require counting of the blinks and colors to know your PPO2.
    here is the short video
    Attached Images

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: New HUD design

Nice work, very well done!

I am just unsure I could read the numbers on your HUD.

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Nice work, very well done!

I am just unsure I could read the numbers on your HUD.
    Thanks !
    Sorry my video is not the best quality..
    The screen is actually very bright and easy to read even on a sunny day. Next week I will make a new video this time underwater. The only thing I have to change is my HUD holder. I used one similar to DIVA holder, but it was sitting to low.. I'm going to build adjustable one so I can position HUD in the same level with my eyes.

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Asking myself the question why all the big rb and computer manufacturers don't offer a HUD like this as an option or standalone. I would buy it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

felixsimba felixsimba is on a distinguished road felixsimba is on a distinguished road felixsimba's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin SCR

LAR V, LAR VI, OMG

Wow that amazing and totally logical as HUD is suppose to be right up close to one face so that it should not be missed. Counting flashes is indeed rather dizzy especially to old brains like mine. Any chance you can make a commercial prototype, test it then commercialize it? One idea: is it possible to design so that it makes a long audio sound if any sensor is ever in the red zone? I would be very interested in one piece. Congratulations again

Quote Originally Posted by nicklinux  View Original Post
    Hi,
    I finally finished my little project that I started few month ago..
    At the beginning I started working on set point controller and HUD as a replacement for original analog sp controller on my mk15. My idea was to get rid of 25mv cells and convert it to work with R-22 type 9-13mv cellís which a lot cheaper, widely available and I will work with Shearwater without adding a voltage divider Ö First I wanted to make simple HUD with 3 LEDís but then I changed my mind and started working on digital HUD, which I believed supposed to make my life easier.. (and it did J) now I hardly look at my primary or secondary only on decent/accent(latter I will add deco information to HUD as well).
    I think digital HUD is a lot easier to use and doesnít require counting of the blinks and colors to know your PPO2.
    here is the short video MK15 Rebreather new design DIY controller and HUD - YouTube

Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Asking myself the question why all the big rb and computer manufacturers don't offer a HUD like this as an option or standalone. I would buy it.

You know I've been asking my self the same question :)

Doing What Works jcook is an unknown quantity at this point jcook's Avatar
    Sidemount Meg

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Asking myself the question why all the big Rebreather and computer manufacturers don't offer a HUD like this as an option or standalone. I would buy it.

Because they leak/implode at very shallow depths, proper lenses that can handle pressure are hard to make/expensive, and are hard to read for some. I would be pleasantly surprised if his HUD could go past 100m and not leak.

Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by felixsimba  View Original Post
    Wow that amazing and totally logical as HUD is suppose to be right up close to one face so that it should not be missed. Counting flashes is indeed rather dizzy especially to old brains like mine. Any chance you can make a commercial prototype, test it then commercialize it? One idea: is it possible to design so that it makes a long audio sound if any sensor is ever in the red zone? I would be very interested in one piece. Congratulations again
    If I ever decide to start building and selling them, I will probably make it as a do it yourself kit where you can by parts and assemble them yourself(something like PPO2 displays from PPO2.com) we all know the liability issues... Also, you don't need to have a degree in rocket science to solder parts on the board when you have all the instructions:) So the total price should be very affordable(I'm a homebuilder, so I know price makes big difference). I will check on price for board design and printing to see if any if this actually worth a try.
    The housing for the board I can machine from delrin or aluminum in my shop. The screen is monochrome oled and available in two colors: blue and white.

Hammerhead

New HUD design

Quote Originally Posted by jcook  View Original Post
    Because they leak/implode at very shallow depths, proper lenses that can handle pressure are hard to make/expensive, and are hard to read for some. I would be pleasantly surprised if his HUD could go past 100m and not leak.
    You'r maybe right, i haven't thought about it.. I only did 130ft test dive with it and it passed. but you have a point here! I will have to somehow pressure test it, to find out the max depth it can handle..

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Very Nice:)
    Have you considered making it available like like PPO2.com did for theirs? the free shchematic means if you are willing to spend the time and the skills you can lay the board out yourself, buy the board and use the supplied Bill Of Materials, or you can buy a whole kit and just assemble it yourself.
    I like the ability to change stuff as I go, for example if it was available I'd probably have a go at altering the code to make certain PO2 ranges flash the graphics normal/inverted on the board as a warning. I'd also have a go at being able to adjust the screen brightness (can't see if you can do that inside your electronics pod).

Simon A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast