+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diving in South Korea

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Davis Station, Antarctica(Usually Jervis Bay, Australia)
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

Diving in South Korea

Hi all,

In July/August this year I will be in South Korea for the Taekwon Do world titles. I figured if Im going all this way to compete then the least I could do is treat myself to a little dive holiday after the tournament is finished. So the big question, is there any good diving to be done in South Korea, better still is there any Rebreather diving and rebreather support over there??

I am also tempted to diverge off the standard flight route and possibly travel to another country on the way back to Australia but getting my rebreather over will be a pain to say the least. Oh well, any suggestions would be great.

Cheers,
    Paul

Re: Diving in South Korea

The west coast is muddy with little or no good diving.

The East coast is cold but ok diving up near Sokcho.

I heard that the diving near Pusan and Pohang is also possible.

The best diving I found while I was there was in Cheu island. The dive shops are in Sogwipo on the south side of the island and Big Blue 33 is the only one I would recomend. BigBlue33 - Jeju Island diving service

I only dove OC with them but a great shop with a good owner. He could probably tell you where to find RB divers in korea.

RBW Member Georges Gawinowski has a spectacular aura about Georges Gawinowski has a spectacular aura about Georges Gawinowski has a spectacular aura about Georges Gawinowski has a spectacular aura about Georges Gawinowski has a spectacular aura about Georges Gawinowski's Avatar
    Megalodon

Azimuth,Optima,Evo,Insp.

Re: Diving in South Korea

Paul,
    You may contact Atom, he is one of my former student. He is an IANTD Essentials Instructor and Megalodon diver.
    find his infos on the IANTD Essentials website:https://sites.google.com/site/iantde...als-instructor

He used to practice Taekwon Do, we had a little practice when he came at our WDT dive Facility Cave country last December.
    Enjoy your time over there and good luck for the competition.

+ Reply to Thread