+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: RBW has a NEW OWNER

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

RBW has a NEW OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by schford 10th October 2008  View Original Post
    Hey Guys,

When I look at what we have achieved over the last 3 and a half years on Rebreather World I am really chuffed, we have brought Rebreather diving into the main stream and created the best Community bar none and now have nearly 20,000 members!

But as we have grown it has taken more and more time to manage and keep on top of things, unfortunately with my work and home commitments I just can't put the sort of time into Rebreather World that our community deserves.

BUT - I know a man who can

I am really delighted to announce that Curt Bowen of ADM fame and winner of last years Rebreather Promotion award has taken over at RBW, he and the team at ADM have a lot of energy, enthusiasm and great ideas for improving RBW even more and helping it stay fresh and energisied. I know they are really excited about working with the staff and members to make us even bigger and better.

I know he is working out the RBW party for DEMA and we should here about it real soon!

Over to Curt

It has been four years, four months, and eleven days since Linda and I purchased Rebreatherworld.com from the original founder Stuart Ford. (see above)

During this time we have been introduced to many good divers from around the globe, traveled to dozens of great dive destinations, and become friends with countless people and rebreather manufacturers.

In these four years, we have attended numerous trade shows, held several RBW parties, gave away thousands of free RBW t-shirts, and drank plenty of beer with hundreds of new friends.

As time moves on, things change. Since I retired from the Fire Department almost eight months ago I have been increasingly busy with dive exploration projects, photography jobs, and working with several television networks. Due to the increased time demand from these expeditions and networks, I have been falling short of the required maintenance time for rebreatherworld.

BUT – We know a man who can

We are delighted to announce that Peter Sotis of Add Helium will be taking over RBW. We feel Peter and his team will continue to bring Rebreatherworld forward into the future.

Linda and I will continue to be involved in the diving industry through Advanced Diver Magazine, television filming projects, and where ever exploration takes us.

When one chapter ends, a new one begins.

The new chapter in the rebreatherworld saga opens with the words.

“Over to Peter”.

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Re: RBW has a NEW OWNER

It's been a good run Curt and I think you are turning RebreatherWorld over in great condition!

Best. Of luck to you Peter. Looking forward to what the future brings

Bob

MarkF CaddyDoc is an unknown quantity at this point CaddyDoc's Avatar
    rEvoIII micro

Congrats Peter

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Curt,

Envious of your healthy "retirement", though it doesn't sound like you'll be resting any time soon. Thanks.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Peter,

Congrats! And it looks as though I'll be pestering you on here as well as by phone...!

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

RBW has a NEW OWNER

Congrats from Belgium

Sent from my rEvodream using Tapatalk

RBW Member Euro Diving Zone is an unknown quantity at this point Euro Diving Zone's Avatar

Congratulations to Peter, and big thanks Curt and Linda for the great help and service you've done over the years.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Congrats Peter, A job that im sure will be great..

Fair Play Linda, Curt and Thanks for keeping us All in the Loop with Diving, Another job Well done..

Take Care

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Thanks to Curt and Linda for these past years! Congrats to Peter! I'm sure the forum will be in good hands!

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

RBW has a NEW OWNER

I can't be the only person wonder if this has anything to do with that other fella in Rome who announced he was stepping down....