+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tahiti Diving

Tahiti Diving

Just finished 8 dives in Tahiti/Moorea at depths between 300 and 400feet.
    What an awesome destination for tech diving!!!!
    Most the dives were more like rapelling than diving with drops from 20ft to the abyss!
    The visibility was great and we saw sharks, napoleon wrasses and everything in between.

If you go I strongly suggest you contact Cyrille at Te Honu Diving - Plongée Recycleur à Tahiti - Polynésie Française For starters he speaks English, which matters allot when your dealing with multiple tanks and mixes. He also has Sorb which would have been cheaper to get from him than shipping it down like we did.
    Tahiti is awesome but there are challenges. Supposedly there hasn't been helium there for three months and none expected for three more! Cyrille really saved our trip by giving up his secret stash.
    here is a hand full of pictures
    enjoy.

Facts
    3 divers
    9/60 bottom gas
    bail out of 9/60, 21%, 50% & 100% which went unused
    inspiration rebreathers with travel packs.
    water temp 74 at depth, mid 80s at surface
    Attached Images

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Tahiti Diving

Very nice!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

I like diving chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Mk15

Inpisspiration, KISS

Hey Onohunter! They weren't all inspos were they!!?? Too bad you didn't have a better photographer.

RBW Member artefax is an unknown quantity at this point artefax's Avatar
    APD Evo Vision

Hi Onohunter.

Thanks for this post ! It was very nice to meet you.
    I'm pleased you enjoyed diving in Tahiti.

Here some pictures of the Tahiti Tourism Show where I stayed stuck while you were diving (lucky you !)

Hope to see you back soon to share some Hinano with bubbles and dives, without ! ;)

Cyrille - Te Honu Diving Manager
    Last edited by artefax; 12th February 2013 at 09:23.

+ Reply to Thread