+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best rebreather for deep diving?

RBW Member SGilkinson is an unknown quantity at this point SGilkinson's Avatar
    Megalodon Pathfinder

Best rebreather for deep diving?

What is everyone's opinion for the best rebreather for deep diving? 300-500 feet?

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: Best rebreather for deep diving?

I think to get valid responses you will need to add a bit more criteria than just 300-500ft.

Most "e" units should handle that..... most "m" units could do it with modifications costing less than the gas and sorb you would use.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by SGilkinson  View Original Post
    What is everyone's opinion for the best rebreather for deep diving? 300-500 feet?
    A good clue is to look in wreck diver magazine archives and on youtube etc and trip reports of Britannic / HMS Victoria / Lusitania etc and you see the same units over and over again.

Aslo, which units have been doing these depths week in and week out for over 15 years without much reported trouble.

Inspiration
    Meg

In recent history, slightly newer units are regularly doing it too:

rEvo, JJ, Evolution, Sentinel.

I personally believe that most units are capable of sub 300. Its the divers that need to be assessed carefully:)

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    A good clue is to look in wreck diver magazine archives and on youtube etc and trip reports of Britannic / HMS Victoria / Lusitania etc and you see the same units over and over again.

Aslo, which units have been doing these depths week in and week out for over 15 years without much reported trouble.

Inspiration
    Meg

In recent history, slightly newer units are regularly doing it too:

rEvo, JJ, Evolution, Sentinel.

I personally believe that most units are capable of sub 300. Its the divers that need to be assessed carefully:)
    I seem the hammerhead doing dives to 900ft with a dual hammerhead. Not sure what the guy was using as handsets or if they needed to be modified. Starnawski is the guys name. Pretty cool videos in caves too.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    I seem the hammerhead doing dives to 900ft with a dual hammerhead. Not sure what the guy was using as handsets or if they needed to be modified. Starnawski is the guys name. Pretty cool videos in caves too.

yes, tres cool! A bit beyond what the OP was looking for perhaps, but awesome nonetheless :)

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

The one that is on your back.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    The one that is on your back.
    You don't like the new sidemount ones?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by SGilkinson  View Original Post
    Most will do it, The Inspo has a thing with the buzzer imploding arround 160m (500ft) so posably remove the buzzer or avoid the inspo. I like a unit with simple electronics and the option of a radial scrubber so id probably go for the JJ as i am not a big fan of Megs.

In theory the Borris is suposed to be a seriously well designed deep unit and i know some big dives have been done on it, but I also here many stories about unit failures which puts me off.

I beleive the Mk15.5 is a well designed simple reliable and capabul deep dive unit but I have never dived one so its best to talk to people who have.

I have to say if I were going past 100 a lot id be sticking with the JJ and looking at some form of bailout CCR to avoid carrying daft amount of tanks

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread