+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PLB Container

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

PLB Container

I'm looking for a container that I can use to store a PLB, probably a McMurdo 220, while diving. The minimum depth rating is 100 meters, but I'd feel better about 125 meters or better.

I've not been able to find the tube that OMS used to make in their catalog and they haven't called me back about it. I suspect they don't carry it any more.

Suggestions? What are others using?

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: PLB Container

Paul

Take a look at my Oct 12 2012 facebook posting on PLB's. Gary K replied in the comment saying he had several of the OMS tubes. I have sent him a message asking if he still has any.

John

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by pwl4476  View Original Post
    I'm looking for a container that I can use to store a PLB, probably a McMurdo 220, while diving. The minimum depth rating is 100 meters, but I'd feel better about 125 meters or better.

I've not been able to find the tube that OMS used to make in their catalog and they haven't called me back about it. I suspect they don't carry it any more.

Suggestions? What are others using?
    Not sure of any commercial products. But it's not that difficult to soon something up on lathe in the same style as a can light canister.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quality Diving Equipment by Custom Divers - Custom Divers 200 210 Fast Find PLB Dive Canister 180M Depth Rating

McMurdo - Fast Find / Fast Find Plus Accessories, Dive Canister 150M Depth Rating and this is the one I purchased several years back for my Spot.

The Custom Divers looks similar and is priced great.
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 1st February 2013 at 17:56.

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

PLB Container

I am using one of my old light battery containers that was sold by Dive Rite. I called the company and asked them if I could get just the lid without the hole in it for the cable gland and they obliged. I have my PLB and strobe light in can.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359745005.766374.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359745028.517887.jpg

Stevie Tippetts Stevie Tippetts is an unknown quantity at this point Stevie Tippetts's Avatar
    Defender

Sentinel, Evo+, rEvo, PF

Another vote for Custom Divers in UK. They have some great products to protect PLB's.

Steve

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

I owned the McMurdo container in the past. It is big and tough to open.

I have seen the Custom Diver and it looks like the Narked@90 container. A diver on a trip had one and he could not get it opened very easily.

I have also seen the converted Diverite light battery containers. They are easy to open with the two latches but maybe too easy. If you go that way be sure to put a piece of tire tube around the latches to prevent them from opening underwater by accident and flooding your PLB.

John

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

PLB Container

The Dive Rite latches now have a safety catch that has to be engaged before the latch can be opened.

HammerMeg

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    The Dive Rite latches now have a safety catch that has to be engaged before the latch can be opened.
    Don't depend on it. I have had them open during a dive. But I do think it is the best and most likely least expensive option here in the USA.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I owned the McMurdo container in the past. It is big and tough to open.

John
    I had the same issue - Just a little O2 grease and open/close it regularly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast