+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drager nova r help wanted

RBW Member breen john is an unknown quantity at this point breen john's Avatar

Drager nova r help wanted

Looking for advice please looking to put a nova onto an inspo loop was looking at the golem shrimp but what other bov could I use and that are simple to source many thanks john

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Re: Drager nova r help wanted

Quote Originally Posted by breen john  View Original Post
    Looking for advice please looking to put a nova onto an inspo loop was looking at the golem shrimp but what other bov could I use and that are simple to source many thanks john
    The GG BOV has a P-port, has Insp fittings (if that's what you want) and quite simply works well. How more simple can it get?

RBW Member megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1's Avatar
    Meg

And it is a simple thing to convert an existing GG Shrimp BOV to p-port. The changeover takes 1-2 minutes. Unscrew four hex screws, remove bite piece, insert p-port and screw back in and go diving.

Just buy the Shrimp p-port adapter :-

P-port adapter for for Golem Shrimp BOV
    Last edited by megangel1; 28th January 2013 at 14:21.

Thanks megangel1i know just looking for alternatives you are correct

RBW Member megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1's Avatar
    Meg

Thanks megangel1i know just looking for alternatives you are correct
    Other than the older GG BOV ( adverts for some here abouts ) and the old TECME BOV, the only options I can think of are:-

1). to pick a BOV for the INSPO that has the same mouth-piece fitting as an APEKS or Scubapro valve and buy the p-port adapter from golumgear

2). choose any INSPO compatible BOV and get TECME or narked@90 to make a custom P-port adapter if the manufacturer doesn't already do one.

The later is probably more expensive than buying a shrimp in the first place ... did I mention I know a man who can get new shrimps cheap?

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

You will probably be happier with a MK48 supper mask instead of the nova. The nose pinch can be a pain in the ass to use depending on the shape of your face and your nose to equalize with.

It is awful nice to have the PODs that the supper mask has. If you should ever half to go onto OC. just take the pod off and the mask stays on your face and you can use a standard regulator. You do not have to remove your FFM then dig out your back up mask.

thanks wolf dived a 48 and a nato pod for years i have got the nova r already seems a pitty not to use it found the 48 leaked quite a bit as a half mask unless i pulled the straps really tight just the shape of my face

Hi help wanted again ordered nova r and today a sport turned up with a mouth piece loose inside cant seem to fit the mouth piece on ,Drager at the moment are not making any novas due to issues any ideas on how to fit the bit piece on ?

Bubble free by choice steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss's Avatar
    rEvo

Meg

John, not sure exactly what your issue is but I am presuming that they have supplied a sport with an R nozzle and mouthpiece? That's all you need to turn a sport into an r. The cone fitting undoes, lefty loosey, and there should be two o-rings on the nozzle. One on the body. The other in the recess needs taking off before you fit the mouthpiece then refitting to ensure it doesn't come off. If that helps all well and good, if not I have probably misunderstood.

thanks wolf dived a 48 and a nato pod for years i have got the nova r already seems a pitty not to use it found the 48 leaked quite a bit as a half mask unless i pulled the straps really tight just the shape of my face
    Yes Steve makes perfect sense ,figured it out turned the end of the mouth piece inside out placed over the nozzle and with a wooden lollipop stick flicked it over and hey presto mouth piece fitted ,trying it out sat to see how it compares to the NATO pod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast