+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sierra battery ring

New Member LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN's Avatar

Sierra battery ring

Does anyone know how to remove the battery ring holder from the body? I need to move the holder up to fitting the lithium Battery in... It looks to be glued into the body?

fubar Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Sierra battery ring

Interesting, as mine is removeable. I still need to sand mine out abit for my lithium batt, a pure SOB to that lithium pack in there "just" right.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeN  View Original Post
    Does anyone know how to remove the battery ring holder from the body? I need to move the holder up to fitting the lithium Battery in... It looks to be glued into the body?
    Drop it around to my place today.

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeN  View Original Post
    The Dive X scooters are welded from machined (turned) sections and tube sections. The Sierra has a nose piece, then a short section of tube, then a machined section that includes the battery stop ring and battery snap ring groove, then another section of tube.

These pieces are *welded* together. The battery stop ring and snap ring groove section is *not* glued in and is *not* removable.

Tobin

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post

These pieces are *welded* together. The battery stop ring and snap ring groove section is *not* glued in and is *not* removable.

Tobin
    Thanks Tobin, I was looking at mine and come to the same conclusion. But mine is an early model and things may have changed.

New Member LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN's Avatar

2nd thanks Tobin, I will modify and overcome.

fubar Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Interesting, as my battery stop ring is kydex I think, and definitely removable.

I also learned not to put the battery in with it removed :)

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Interesting, as my battery stop ring is kydex I think, and definitely removable.

I also learned not to put the battery in with it removed :)
    The battery stop ring (the flat one) is a piece of thermoplastic (abs is suspect) that sits in a groove in the machined aluminum ring that is a welded in portion of the scooter hull. This flat, black plastic ring can be removed, but the machined aluminum ring ,~2" in depth, that accepts this stop ring, the oring and the battery retaining snap ring cannot be removed.

BTW, the reason the stop ring is removable is to allow for hulls with multiple battery packs like a long body sierra.

Tobin

+ Reply to Thread