+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dive plan ???

RBW Member ztirfritz is an unknown quantity at this point ztirfritz's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

dive plan ???

hi

planning a dive with v-planner and trying to figure out why using a deco gas nitrox 31, the plan suggests making change at 21m and not 41m.

Surface interval 48hrs
    depth 50m
    bottom time 15 mins
    deco gases nitrox 31 and nitrox 60
    conser. +1
    ppO2 up to 28 1.4, 28-45 1.5, 45-99 1.6

deco gas nitrox 31 with a ppO2 of 1.6 should give a safe depth of 41m

any help?

thanks

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Look in deco gas settings. There you probably set the gas to be used from 21m up.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2

ISC Megalodon

Re: dive plan ???

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Look in deco gas settings. There you probably set the gas to be used from 21m up.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2
    not on config window! as mentioned in my post the only setting found is those stipulated in my post. have tried to change the setpoint but with no change.

have tried planning dive using predator and gives same.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ztirfritz  View Original Post
    not on config window! as mentioned in my post the only setting found is those stipulated in my post. have tried to change the setpoint but with no change.

My V-Planner BO plan gives

50/15
    30 (Switch to EAN31)
    24/1
    21/1
    18/1
    15/1 (Switch to EAN60
    12/1
    9/2
    6/9

R/T 33 min

I use +3 and presumed 18/35 in diluent and 1.2 as SP.

Done this on my iPhone, either way, you can set the swap depth when configuring the deco/BO gas

But you dont mention any deep BO gas, so is this on OC?

If so, I still get swap to EAN31 at 30m and EAN60 at 15m

However, I am still curious to why you want to switch to a gas with pO2 of 1.6 at 41 metres.
    Last edited by Jeppe_E; 16th January 2013 at 11:54.

ISC Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    My V-Planner BO plan gives

50/15
    30 (Switch to EAN31)
    24/1
    21/1
    18/1
    15/1 (Switch to EAN60
    12/1
    9/2
    6/9

R/T 33 min

I use +3 and presumed 18/35 in diluent and 1.2 as SP.

Done this on my iPhone, either way, you can set the swap depth when configuring the deco/BO gas

But you dont mention any deep BO gas, so is this on OC?

If so, I still get swap to EAN31 at 30m and EAN60 at 15m

However, I am still curious to why you want to switch to a gas with pO2 of 1.6 at 41 metres.
    thanks for info. yes this is OC. i understand this is rebreatherworld but CCR is another interest and lots of knowledgable divers who have helped in the past.

as nitrox 31 mix is put under the deco column, i would have assumed program to allow a ppO2 for deco at 1.6, being very much an accepted standard for doing deco in OC. hence wondering why the 31 mix did not show up deeper in the dive.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

thanks for info. yes this is OC. i understand this is rebreatherworld but CCR is another interest and lots of knowledgable divers who have helped in the past.

as nitrox 31 mix is put under the deco column, i would have assumed program to allow a ppO2 for deco at 1.6, being very much an accepted standard for doing deco in OC. hence wondering why the 31 mix did not show up deeper in the dive.

Ok, but then it makes sense.. So you have your backgas with fO2/fHe
    Then you have Deco gas EAN31 and EAN60.

Settings you have is not allowing pO2 for that fraction to be 1.6 since it is set to 1.5 (28-45 = 1.5) as you mentioned in your first post.

Please see attached image. There you can see that VPlanner has switched at 36 metres from backgas to EAN31 with a pO2 of 1.42.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

I am sure it is not the setpoint, but setting somewhere else....
    With settings you mention and Ean 31 for decompression, I get switch to Ean31 at 27m, that is normal. It can only be postponed to 21m if you specify different in "Deco mix" setting when entering the decomix.

Tell me what do you see when you edit decomix Ean31 ....
    all in the window:
    O2: He:
    "off" or some other setting

Then we can go further investigating.

Igor P
    Last edited by Igor P; 16th January 2013 at 16:50.

TR300c (mCCR)

I am sure it is not the setpoint, but setting somewhere else....
    With settings you mention and Ean 31 for decompression, I get switch to Ean31 at 27m, that is normal. It can only be postponed to 21m if you specify different in "Deco mix" setting when entering the decomix.

Tell me what do you see when you edit decomix Ean31 ....
    all in the window:
    O2: He:
    "off" or some other setting

Then we can go further investigating.

Igor P
    Made a typo in this sentence:
    With settings you mention and Ean 31 for decompression, I get switch to Ean31 at 27m, that is normal.
    it should be:
    With settings you mention and Ean 31 for decompression, I get switch to Ean31 at 36m, that is normal.

ISC Megalodon

Made a typo in this sentence:
    With settings you mention and Ean 31 for decompression, I get switch to Ean31 at 27m, that is normal.
    it should be:
    With settings you mention and Ean 31 for decompression, I get switch to Ean31 at 36m, that is normal.
    still not getting the plan you have kindly posted. deco mix is 31/0 and no depth specified therefore left in the hands of the planner.

the config window has been set to allow a ppO2 of 1.6 for % between 28-45.

but still keep getting 21m for EAN31.

ISC Megalodon

still not getting the plan you have kindly posted. deco mix is 31/0 and no depth specified therefore left in the hands of the planner.

the config window has been set to allow a ppO2 of 1.6 for % between 28-45.

but still keep getting 21m for EAN31.

screen shot attached
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast