+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this video f*cked or what??

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Is this video f*cked or what??

I just watched a video on another site. Now most of what Dr. Petar Denoble says makes sense and is very informative, towards the end there is this statement:

Death due to health issues may not be predictable, but it is preventable. Watch your health.

WTF - does he have some magic fountain of youth or something. As far as I am aware of, we are all going to die and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it!

You can watch the video HERE
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Is this video f*cked or what??

Oxygen toxicity ends up getting us all.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I just watched a video on another site. Now most of what Dr. Petar Denoble says makes sense and is very informative, towards the end there is this statement:

Death due to health issues may not be predictable, but it is preventable. Watch your health.

WTF - does he have some magic fountain of youth or something. As far as I am aware of, we are all going to die and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it!

No but I think that many fatalities especially those in older rebreather divers are directly or partly the result of poor fitness and that is in some ways preventable.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Hello Don:

Maybe this is what he is referring to (amongst the other similar references out there):

"Exercise is also one of the treatments recommended for chronic endothelial dysfunction, which demonstrates the importance of physical fitness in diving. Since younger, slimmer, or aerobically fitter divers are known to produce less bubbles compared to older, fatter, or poorly physically fit divers"
    Carturan D, et al – Ascent rate, age maximal oxygen uptake, adiposity, and circulating venous bubbles after diving.
    J Appl Physiol 2002; 93: 1349-56

You and I see it on the dive boats all the time: big, overweight, de-conditioned people subjecting themselves to trimix dives. They sweat and pant just putting on their gear! (I sweat, too, but don't pant, yet)

Yes, the clock is running against us all, but for some faster than for others. Perhaps this is what he is referring to. You want to kill yourself diving by being fat, out-of shape, eat junk, have clogged arteries, diabetes.......

Or, by "watching your health", you might actually enjoy your dive rather than having to pause all the time because you are out of breath or experience this "funny" sensation in your chest.

So, yes we are all going to die but there is a lot we can do about it! If you want to accelerate your demise, just jump off a bridge/building of sufficient height, tox out........

Oh, and it's not all about bubbles either! Endothelial dysfunction has long term effects! All to be covered in the deep dive seminar.

Not so sure why you are so offended????

Claudia

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Hello Don:

Maybe this is what he is referring to (amongst the other similar references out there):

"Exercise is also one of the treatments recommended for chronic endothelial dysfunction, which demonstrates the importance of physical fitness in diving. Since younger, slimmer, or aerobically fitter divers are known to produce less bubbles compared to older, fatter, or poorly physically fit divers"
    Carturan D, et al – Ascent rate, age maximal oxygen uptake, adiposity, and circulating venous bubbles after diving.
    J Appl Physiol 2002; 93: 1349-56

You and I see it on the dive boats all the time: big, overweight, de-conditioned people subjecting themselves to trimix dives. They sweat and pant just putting on their gear! (I sweat, too, but don't pant, yet)

Yes, the clock is running against us all, but for some faster than for others. Perhaps this is what he is referring to. You want to kill yourself diving by being fat, out-of shape, eat junk, have clogged arteries, diabetes.......

Or, by "watching your health", you might actually enjoy your dive rather than having to pause all the time because you are out of breath or experience this "funny" sensation in your chest.

So, yes we are all going to die but there is a lot we can do about it! If you want to accelerate your demise, just jump off a bridge/building of sufficient height, tox out........

Oh, and it's not all about bubbles either! Endothelial dysfunction has long term effects! All to be covered in the deep dive seminar.

Not so sure why you are so offended????

Claudia
    Well Said. Thank you for posting. Now everyone get in shape.
    Chett. L

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post

Troll!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Claudia
    True in general but.....

I would just like to point out that small skinny people are not necessarily fit.

And I have been passed during races from any distance up to marathon by some people that might be referred to as overweight.

John

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I just found the whole idea of death being preventable to be a huge laugh.

Yes the tread title was trolling just a little bit.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

His argument trying to show cardiac deaths in diving are induced by diving (rather than just heart problems) was flawed. You can't conclude anything by simply noting that only 1% of auto deaths are due to a cardiac event while 25% of diving deaths involve a cardiac event (the higher % supposedly showing something).

If I took a large population and stuck them in a very safe room for 300 hrs next year (assume no claustrophobics, etc.), some would likely die from a heart attack, but not a lot from other causes. So the % dying would be small, but of those dying the % from heart attack would be relatively large I think. But its unlikely the room should be blamed as particularly risky to those with heart problems.

The hypothesis may be correct. But his argument doesn't shed light on whether it is. Its more likely that the high number of auto deaths due to alcohol, or falling asleep, etc. simply overwhelm the small number from heart attacks. We could make diving much safer for those with heart problems (represented by a lower % of deaths due to heart attacks) by trying to get more divers to drink prior to diving .

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Hello Don:

(I sweat, too, but don't pant, yet)

Claudia
    Ah ha, Now I understand your whole problem. Sexual frustration can be a real bitch. If you are not panting, someone is not up to the task. Call me sometime, I offer free lessons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast