+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DUI zip seals

RBW Member Danseur is an unknown quantity at this point Danseur's Avatar

Re: DUI zip seals

Many ways to skin this cat. There are several hot threads on TDS dealing with this right now.

For me, I use Zip wrist seals and pullover gloves. 100% effective.

I'll switch to silicon neck seals after this latex one fails. Likely the same for wrists as the seals are protected by the over glove.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    Its an old post i know but i am thinking of putting zip seals on my suit but i would like to keep my dry gloves ,can i put them on the zip seals i know DUI gloves exist though i dont like the idea of haveing my gloves on the suit .
    Cheers Darrell

I may be reading your post wrong but it seems you might be negating the point of Zipgloves. By not wanting to have your gloves attached to the suit, you loose the main reason for having them- to keep your hands dry. If you only use the wrist zipseals, you can use any glove you want- your hands will get wet however.

I own and dive a Flex 50/50 (winter only)

I have zipseals on my dry suit and have mixed feelings about them. The pros are they are easy to change in the field if you tear one, easy to don/doff for storage in a sealed bag for protection. The cons, they are EXPENSIVE, BULKY (like a ziplock bag seal on steroids), clunky, and not ideal if you are putting your hands into holes or tight areas. I don't have any need for the zipgloves, I use neoprene dry gloves by xs scuba (dry 5 gloves) and they are more than adequate. I think the zip system is a good start to something (great for demos where the same suit can be used by varied people with different neck/ wrist sizes) but far from ideal. The ring size has to be big enough for you to put your hand through so that seems to be the limiting factor. The neck zipseals are great however, well designed and easy to use. It would be great if some sort of zipper were incorporated for the cuff rather than a semi-rigid ring.

Another "Achilles heel" with the DUI system is the rock boots they offer suck, but that's another discussion...

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    I may be reading your post wrong but it seems you might be negating the point of Zipgloves. By not wanting to have your gloves attached to the suit, you loose the main reason for having them- to keep your hands dry. If you only use the wrist zipseals, you can use any glove you want- your hands will get wet however.

I own and dive a Flex 50/50 (winter only)

I have zipseals on my dry suit and have mixed feelings about them. The pros are they are easy to change in the field if you tear one, easy to don/doff for storage in a sealed bag for protection. The cons, they are EXPENSIVE, BULKY (like a ziplock bag seal on steroids), clunky, and not ideal if you are putting your hands into holes or tight areas. I don't have any need for the zipgloves, I use neoprene dry gloves by xs scuba (dry 5 gloves) and they are more than adequate. I think the zip system is a good start to something (great for demos where the same suit can be used by varied people with different neck/ wrist sizes) but far from ideal. The ring size has to be big enough for you to put your hand through so that seems to be the limiting factor. The neck zipseals are great however, well designed and easy to use. It would be great if some sort of zipper were incorporated for the cuff rather than a semi-rigid ring.

Another "Achilles heel" with the DUI system is the rock boots they offer suck, but that's another discussion...
    i am not against the dry glove system though i like to have my hands free till the last moment i have 1 suit with rolocks on and thats a good system keeps you dry though you have a ring that inlarges the suit the zipseal ring would not be larger if not i could put on sitech dryglove rings as the antares are **** though mabe dui would do a better job on there suits .The kneck seals look cool and if i stick to a latex seal i will go zip seals this will be my first after 15 years!!

Into Rubber Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W.'s Avatar
    Megalodon, HammerInspo

Dolphin

I like a bit of choking but not while under water. That's why I swapped to neoprene neck seals to all my dry suits. Much more comfy, warm and tear resistant. Don't know if DUI does them, but other manufacturers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joop W.  View Original Post
    I like a bit of choking but not while under water. That's why I swapped to neoprene neck seals to all my dry suits. Much more comfy, warm and tear resistant. Don't know if DUI does them, but other manufacturers do.
    You should you just bought that cf200 i was looking to get you got in before me

Into Rubber Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W.'s Avatar
    Megalodon, HammerInspo

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    You should you just bought that cf200 i was looking to get you got in before me
    Nah, not me. I own 2 Otters and a Santi, sold my last DUI around 2009 because, as pointed out earlier, repair costs were insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Joop W.  View Original Post
    Nah, not me. I own 2 Otters and a Santi, sold my last DUI around 2009 because, as pointed out earlier, repair costs were insane.
    Sorry i thought you had taken it as you pm the guy in belgum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3