+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DUI zip seals

dive! dive! dive! mmarcoux is an unknown quantity at this point mmarcoux's Avatar
    rEvo 3 Micro FT RMS, JJ CCR

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR

The silicone are just conical.

RBW Member jkhaywood is an unknown quantity at this point jkhaywood's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MK-16

Re: DUI zip seals

Quote Originally Posted by trident00  View Original Post

I would really be interested in hearing your experience with the silicone seals, and what your thoughts are. Can new silicone seals be attached or glued to the old ones like people have done with the latex ones?
    As others have said, the silicone cannot be reglued to the zip-ring like the latex. I have been using the silicone neck seals since DUI came out with them and so far I love them. With latex seals in salt water my neck would get ripped up after several hours in the suit, the silicone has completely eliminated that. It will take several months to determine if their durability compares with latex.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Check if your zipseals can be used with silicone model: DUI - Silicone ZipSeals - replacement seals for your DUI drysuit
    I checked this with DUI's export sales manager Oren Shaffer@ the Paris diveshow yesterday.
    As far as I understood if you have an older suit (pre 2009) you cannot use the newer silicone wrist zipseals. You'll need new rings. But these new rings will take older latex zipseals or zipgloves.
    Best
    Philippe

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Yup. That's on thier website....

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    Check if your zipseals can be used with silicone model: DUI - Silicone ZipSeals - replacement seals for your DUI drysuit
    I checked this with DUI's export sales manager Oren Shaffer@ the Paris diveshow yesterday.
    As far as I understood if you have an older suit (pre 2009) you cannot use the newer silicone wrist zipseals. You'll need new rings. But these new rings will take older latex zipseals or zipgloves.
    Best
    Philippe

Plays with High Voltage trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00's Avatar
    KISS classic

I got the silicone ones today and got a chance to dive them. They are pretty much exactly as people describe. They really attract dirt/sand/etc. I was very happy with them comfort wise and I could attribute no leaks to them. I really like the neck seal. I hate getting the choked out feel of a tight latex neck seal. I got none of that with these. It was reccomended to get some K-Y jelly and use that on the seals to help put them on. It worked like a charm. These seals slid on easily. They have alot of stretch to them, in a good way. I will baby mine and probably pick up a back up set to keep in reserve.

Big thanks to everyone here for all the great responses, and the recommendation to try extreeme exposure. Dan over at extreeme exposure went out of his way to make me one very happy customer. He spent quite a bit of time working with me and trimming the seals to get the right fit. His K-Y tip was the ticket for sure, and he saved me from trying to trim seals in the field. Big Thanks!!

Cheers, Walt

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Extreme Exposure, High Springs . I have zip deals on all of my DUI suits. Main reason for purchasing DUI. Field repair made easy.

Hope this Helps
    TF

RBW Member pwfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point pwfletcher's Avatar

I bought two sets at Extreme Exposure ... that way I have a backup if I catch one on a wreck.

RBW Member pwfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point pwfletcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jkhaywood  View Original Post
    As others have said, the silicone cannot be reglued to the zip-ring like the latex. I have been using the silicone neck seals since DUI came out with them and so far I love them. With latex seals in salt water my neck would get ripped up after several hours in the suit, the silicone has completely eliminated that. It will take several months to determine if their durability compares with latex.
    So how are those silicone seals holding up?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris  View Original Post
    Extreme Exposure, High Springs . I have zip deals on all of my DUI suits. Main reason for purchasing DUI. Field repair made easy.

Hope this Helps
    TF

And I suspect from a manufacture's POW, great since they only have to take a few suits styles for DEMO daze... with a run of zip seal sizes to swap out instead of the old days of a truckload with every seal/ suit size possible.

I've heard that this was actually a motivation for DUI to pursue the zip idea, not that it wouldn't make a hefty profit for retrofitting and sales of the parts...

I have zip seals and like them, nice for storage and nice to know that if you really rip one up while, say, lobster diving you have options other than duct tape. One drawback is the ring is huge (read not to good for reaching in holes for Lobzilla), must be to get your hand through it. Maybe someday they will come up with a better system but for now, it's solid.

I'll keep the latex for the wrist, easy to buy the older style glue-on and repair myself than shell out major bucks for a new set of rings.
    Last edited by whynot?; 27th March 2013 at 16:03.

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Its an old post i know but i am thinking of putting zip seals on my suit but i would like to keep my dry gloves ,can i put them on the zip seals i know DUI gloves exist though i dont like the idea of haveing my gloves on the suit .
    Cheers Darrell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast